Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
Derailleur is 20-25 hours, reverb ~40 hours.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 5:54 Quote
I'm not familiar with the AXS stuff. Is there a battery level indicator on the post/derailleur/shifter? If so, it would be easy to keep it charged up enough for your next ride. If not, then I can see getting a dead battery mid ride being a common occurrence.

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
I'm not familiar with the AXS stuff. Is there a battery level indicator on the post/derailleur/shifter? If so, it would be easy to keep it charged up enough for your next ride. If not, then I can see getting a dead battery mid ride being a common occurrence.
App on your phone for setup and battery life, or it can also interface with a gps computer over Ant+ and BLE and display things like battery life or current gear, shift count, and a couple other things.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
App on your phone for setup and battery life, or it can also interface with a gps computer over Ant+ and BLE and display things like battery life or current gear, shift count, and a couple other things.

Neat!

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
freerider11 wrote:

You can hit the shifters and see what color light is indicated. The app is frustrating. It gives you only a pictoral representation of battery life, not an actual percentage...and the icon is super small and not highly accurate.

Yes, you could keep an extra battery. But it seems like just one more thing....and an extra $50...on a system that already costs $$$$

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
What is wrong with a mechanical actuator?

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
Hey Shimano nerds, is there any appreciable difference between SLX 7100 and XT 8100 cranks? There's a 10g difference with chainrings included, a large price difference, and it's not clear to me if there's anything separating them but colours and marketing. Strength would be my major question.

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
I have not heard of Shimano cranks breaking being an issue. Did you?

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
dchill wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Does the reverb get way worse battery life than the derailleur? I've had really excellent battery life from mine and go easily a dozen rides between charges and have never come close to running out of battery...

I would think the post would suck more juice then the rear derailleur. Front derailleurs in a di2 system pull more power then the rear

Maybe per use, but I shift gears way more times on a ride than I use my dropper post. While climbing I might stay in one or two different gears but when descending I usually shift quite a lot.

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 9:28 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Hey Shimano nerds, is there any appreciable difference between SLX 7100 and XT 8100 cranks? There's a 10g difference with chainrings included, a large price difference, and it's not clear to me if there's anything separating them but colours and marketing. Strength would be my major question.

SLX cranks have always been the gem in the SLX product line. The functional difference in the past has been just in the chainring - usually steel vs. aluminum, and steel is the better choice! The functional difference in the current models is the chainring, again, and this time it's even more subtle: lower friction treatment on the XT and optional 28T and 36T sizes in XT.

Unless you want the 28T chainring, SLX is the clear choice. Unfortunately, I do prefer the 28T 'ring with the smaller, 10-45T cassette, but that's the less popular choice.

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Axxe wrote:

Nothing. And I will probably go back to mechanical the next round. XTR shifts better. All though I do like the robot noises..

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Circe wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Nothing. And I will probably go back to mechanical the next round. XTR shifts better. All though I do like the robot noises..

photo

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
XTR shifts better

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
seraph wrote:
Circe wrote:
Axxe wrote:

photo

I appreciate the constructive discourse in this forum.

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
Axxe wrote:
XTR shifts better

It doesn't. New Shimano is so hard to shift that it hurts my thumb. AXS makes shifting effortless and always accurate.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.057439
Mobile Version of Website