Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
sosburn wrote:
BBLB, you keep flip flopping.
“most fits are not nonsense” but then “very few people spend the time and money....” therefore most fits are not what you got. rmr is saying most people dont spend the time and money to get a fancy fit and will get a “bullshit shop check”.
I haven't flip flopped once... very few people spend the time and money to get an actual bike fit, which is why calling the bullshit once over a bike shop gives the average customer a "fit" isn't anymore valid than calling the weekend Karen the anti vax soccer mom spent on YouTube "research". If you actually spend the time and money to get a bike fit, they are not in any way "nonsense", not partially and not fully. Most people never get a bike fit, they get sold an opinion by a bike shop employee. That doesn't reflect on most fits anymore than Karen's YouTube binge reflects on most research.

If you consider the bullshit once over a bike shop does when they sell a bike a "fit", then you don't know what a bike fit is and the only thing that's nonsense is your vocalization of an uneducated opinion as fact.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 13:08 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
I think you have no idea what my experience is and I would appreciate if you toned down the assumptions.

I do agree most "fits" and "rules" are not what they purport to be, but most people who get them seem to think they're absolute truth. This is why I wanted to encourage people to be willing to experiment, even if pseudoscience "rules" had instructed them otherwise.
If you think "most fits are nonsense" then I'm not making assumptions about your experience, I'm accurately quantifying the baseless inaccuracy of your uneducated opinion.

I'll respect your opinion on the subjects you're clearly knowledgeable about but, in this case, your own statements have made it clear that you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 13:11 Quote
PHeller wrote:
165mm what is this a bike for ants?

I'm on a mission to consolidate my crank lengths to 165 for riser bars, 172.5 for drop bars. Right now I have 165, 170, 172.5, 175, and 180mm cranks on various bikes (street, mtb, road and gravel, commuter, and 4X respectively). f*cking chaos.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
I think you have no idea what my experience is and I would appreciate if you toned down the assumptions.

I do agree most "fits" and "rules" are not what they purport to be, but most people who get them seem to think they're absolute truth. This is why I wanted to encourage people to be willing to experiment, even if pseudoscience "rules" had instructed them otherwise.
If you think "most fits are nonsense" then I'm not making assumptions about your experience, I'm accurately quantifying the baseless inaccuracy of your uneducated opinion.

I'll respect your opinion on the subjects you're clearly knowledgeable about but, in this case, your own statements have made it clear that you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Most are. Some aren't. I can't talk to you when you're like this, so this is the end of our conversation. You seemed to be in a good mood for most of the past few months and able to have civil discussions; I hope you'll find a way to return to that state.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
That was him being civil, you should see his other side... lol

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:13 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
That was him being civil, you should see his other side... lol

I have and I can't imagine why anyone would want to engage with that. I certainly don't, so I'm not going to.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
sounds like someone is a prime candidate for that article PVD wrote about “being an expert”

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
sosburn wrote:
sounds like someone is a prime candidate for that article PVD wrote about “being an expert”

PVD is a dickhead and should likely lay off the pseudoscience.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
I made terrible sizing mistakes with my current bike. It's somewhere close to right now, but this recent discussion makes me mindful to not repeat them again with the new one.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:25 Quote
sherbet wrote:
sosburn wrote:

No arguments here, but i thought you liked his stuff?

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
sosburn wrote:
sherbet wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I adore his bikes, less so his attitude regarding differing opinions.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
I think it makes sense to get on a bike that is too long for a while. I had a large frame that I liked, swapped that frame for the XL version and liked that as well.

Took a couple months but I decided that I wanted to end up on a bike that met somewhere in the middle of those two. I've been really happy with geo of current bike.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:
sosburn wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I adore his bikes, less so his attitude regarding differing opinions.

I do feel it funny how engineers tend to use science right up until the point that their ego takes over, then it is only them who has found the best method.

...and that's how we get new standards.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
skerby wrote:
I think it makes sense to get on a bike that is too long for a while. I had a large frame that I liked, swapped that frame for the XL version and liked that as well.

Took a couple months but I decided that I wanted to end up on a bike that met somewhere in the middle of those two. I've been really happy with geo of current bike.

You never know what's right until you've gone beyond and found what's too much or too little! tup Bike sizing is like a really expensive version of suspension bracketing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021877
Mobile Version of Website