Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 9:45 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Anybody ride Sensus Swayze or other types of "ribbed" push on grips? I'd like something with a built-in end cap, or something that supports a minimal end cap.

I've come to the conclusion that the Revolution Grips I've got aren't working for me. They do what they claim, but I can't stand being locked into a positions between the uncomfortable collars, especially on a more traditional 130mm grip surface.

The bigger thing I'm finding is that I tend to spend a lot of time with my palms on the outside of the bars. As a result, I've gone from my hands going numb to my hands just being sore. Maybe I need a wider bar after all, but in the meantime I'm thinking of switching back to a classic push-on.

I started running the Sensus Swayze on a commuter bike and now have switched to them on my mtb. I really like them. I tend to ride a mix of no-gloves and gloves. Prior to these I had run a set of the Chromag Wax and Squarewaves. I can't pin point exactly what it was about the Wax that I didn't like. They are good but the Swayze just feels nicer on hand, it might be the diameter I'd have to measure to see how they differ. Perfect grip to me would be a Swayze with the slight bulge in the middle like the Squarewaves.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
I like the width of the Chromag grips but I never got along with the squarewaves the center hump always caused my hands to cramp and ache. I liked the Chromag basis since there was no hump but found them a little small in diameter 30mm.

I really like diameter 33mm of the RF grippler but they are a bit narrow in width and I really only have one hand position and the compound isn't the best with sweaty hands.

Looking at the Sensus Meaty paws look like they might be something to try next.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
Meaty Paws are what 34 or 35mm in diameter?

Unfortunately I've never jived with bigger grips. I need to ride them again to better determine that.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 10:49 Quote
My favorite ones (I now have them on my 3 bikes) are the D-Trix from Sixpack. 140 mm width, 33 mm diameter, only one clamp, grippy and comfortable. You can even extend the width of your handlebars by inserting small spacers inside the grips.
And they are available in many colors (only concerns the lockrings, grip is black).

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
Renthal and Sensus push ons are my go to!

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 14:54 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Anybody ride Sensus Swayze or other types of "ribbed" push on grips? I'd like something with a built-in end cap, or something that supports a minimal end cap.

I've come to the conclusion that the Revolution Grips I've got aren't working for me. They do what they claim, but I can't stand being locked into a positions between the uncomfortable collars, especially on a more traditional 130mm grip surface.

The bigger thing I'm finding is that I tend to spend a lot of time with my palms on the outside of the bars. As a result, I've gone from my hands going numb to my hands just being sore. Maybe I need a wider bar after all, but in the meantime I'm thinking of switching back to a classic push-on.
sensus lite?

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 15:53 Quote
My worry is that the Sensus Lite will give up cushon by being lock-on.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
Switch to push on grips, you won't change back.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
Anyone have experience running Cannondale Holowgram SISL2 cranks on a race face CINCH spindle in a BSA 30 BB?
from the looks of it they are incredibly light for an aluminum crank and there are many chainring options.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
IMO you shouldn't run slip on grips with a carbon bar.

It's way too easy to clip your bar on something and crack it. The lock-in sleeve provides a lot of protection for your bar.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Anyone have experience running Cannondale Holowgram SISL2 cranks on a race face CINCH spindle in a BSA 30 BB?
from the looks of it they are incredibly light for an aluminum crank and there are many chainring options.

I'd just get turbine cranks and call it. Cannondale cranks are silly AF

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 21:13 Quote
RMWB wrote:

I would never recommend running Cannondale cranks for anything. I've seen too many break for stupid reasons.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 21:58 Quote
Nobble wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

It's way too easy to clip your bar on something and crack it. The lock-in sleeve provides a lot of protection for your bar.

Get outta here. I’ve never heard that.

I’ve heard that lock-ons can be torqued too tight and damage carbon too.

Both are pretty unlikely.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 22:06 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Nobble wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

People definitely over torque controls on carbon bars

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
chunter wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Nobble wrote:

People definitely over torque controls on carbon bars

yeah there’s a reason they list the torque spec right there on the bars.
if anything though i would think slip ons would provide more cushioning than a metal lock-on ring against clipping your bar on a tree or something.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.068945
Mobile Version of Website