Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
I believe the e13 LG1+ has a 60a/51a durometer on the center/sideknobs respectively. That could fit what you’re after?

The dual compound EXO tyres are the same, but the sidewall is too flimsy there.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
No, the ~50 compounds won't last half as long as the old Maxxpro 60 - and they tear near the base, so they lose stiffness before they lose height.

Doesn't matter for me, as I always have a heap of tires for the rear, either because they're a bit worn or the traction was too poor to stay on the front. This would be something I could spec on bikes or recommend to people looking to buy a new rear.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
Actual weight game question just noticed there is a 34E fork assuming this is heavier/stiffer than a standard 34. I wonder how it stacks up in weight and stiffness to a 36.

Couldn't find a weight for the 34E

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
Antidote Carbonjack 29

Hello beautiful.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:37 Quote
Exposed ass shock aside, me like.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
That poor rear shock, and people complain about the Intend fork not having stanchion guards.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
I'm sure a bit of spare tube and some knowhow will fix it, just kind of a shame on a bike that drop dead gorgeous.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
Circe wrote:
Antidote Carbonjack 29

Hello beautiful.

Ugly AF. That is the stupidest shock placement

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
Antidote Carbonjack 29

Yeah, can't believe I missed that. Closer look. No bueno. I just remember someone posting teasers of this a few months back, was excited to see the real thing. Huge miss not having a fender.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 17:33 Quote
Circe wrote:
Antidote Carbonjack 29

Yeah, can't believe I missed that. Closer look. No bueno. I just remember someone posting teasers of this a few months back, was excited to see the real thing. Huge miss not having a fender.

maybe they include a fender for it? Seems really odd that so much engineering went into that and they totally missed that.
Imagine having a coil shock on there and a rock getting caught between the coils Eek

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:56 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Actual weight game question just noticed there is a 34E fork assuming this is heavier/stiffer than a standard 34. I wonder how it stacks up in weight and stiffness to a 36.

Couldn't find a weight for the 34E

I think its 2046 grams. I had bought a 150 performance elite 34 that came off a scott genius thinking i would be getting a light weight 150 fork.

Only to weigh it and find it only 20 grams lighter then my 160 ribbon coil.

I contacted fox and the rep told me its because they use the ebike chassis.

Don't ask me the point of a 34 that weighs the same as a 36.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 20:13 Quote
Call me crazy, but I see zero point in a Fox 34. It’s lighter, sure, but the damping isn’t any where near what you can get in a 36

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
chunter wrote:
Call me crazy, but I see zero point in a Fox 34. It’s lighter, sure, but the damping isn’t any where near what you can get in a 36
+1

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 20:44 Quote
chunter wrote:
Call me crazy, but I see zero point in a Fox 34. It’s lighter, sure, but the damping isn’t any where near what you can get in a 36
Heavy dudes on more xc type bikes.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019926
Mobile Version of Website