Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Question for the suspension wizards among us - is the 2018 27.5" Fox 36 RC2 170mm air shaft the same one that would be used in a 2019 29" Fox 36 Grip 2 to get 170mm travel?

I know the same Rockshox air shaft gives a different amount of travel for 27.5" and 29" forks, but my Googling makes it seem as though they are the same shaft between Fox forks of different wheel sizes. Fox also appears to use the same air shaft for RC2 and Grip 2 damper forks, just specifies that they need to be 2018 or newer.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Thanks!

It is indeed!

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
chunter wrote:
It is indeed!
Beer Salute

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 7:45 Quote
That new Microshift Advent X looks pretty neat. 10SPD, 11-48 range on lighter-weight cassette.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
PHeller wrote:
That new Microshift Advent X looks pretty neat. 10SPD, 11-48 range on lighter-weight cassette.

we spec mircroshift equipment on some of our entry/mid level bikes at Decathlon, and they work surprisingly well. the clutch is quite strong, didn't drop the chain on the gravel bike even when i was pushing it. no info on long term durability tho. oh, and the shifter has bearings, the shifting is smoother then expected!
the advent looks killer on paper, but prices are a bit meh. why should i go for their system instead of an 11spd slx? anyways, some competition is always welcomed on the market.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 3:46 Quote
I need a new set of cranks - 170mm length for a trail bike.

What's light without breaking the bank? $175 e13 TRS Plus claims 596 w/ 32t ring, $125 Aeffect R 632g w/ 32t

Anything else I should be looking at? Currently running XTR m980 w/ 32t Gamut, trying to at least not to gain weight with a new crankset.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
The new shimano SLX and XT cranks are actually even lighter than Aeffect R, if you use an aftermarket ring.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:05 Quote
crs-one wrote:
The new shimano SLX and XT cranks are actually even lighter than Aeffect R, if you use an aftermarket ring.

I'll check those out - I want to go back to an oval ring is part of the reason for the swap. XT would be nice to match my new XT drivetrain.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
anyone here actually try the hixon integrated bars?

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
anyone here actually try the hixon integrated bars?

Pm Sherbet he had them

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
oh right forgot he had one

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
crs-one wrote:

As somebody who owns both the new XT cranks and the Aeffect cranks, the XTs are miles nicer. Way better finish, stiffer and just all round better quality product.

The Aeffects are a decent crank, but I bet you those things are super cheap to make - designed to come in cheap for the OEM market. They're nowhere near as nice as the Turbine or Atlas cranks that only sell for about £40 more.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
Really considering a set of slx cranks for my bike...

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
I’m pretty sure the new slx and xt cranks are the same other than the chainring that comes with them and the finish.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Really considering a set of slx cranks for my bike...
Running the 11s slx cranks with 30t slx steel chainrings. Had enough of lightingfast worning out alu chainrings.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
I had my first pedal spindle snap yesterday. Just derpin around the neighborhood. Went to climb a little techy hill and "snap" goes the spindle.

Cheapish RockBros/Chester Copy Nylon pedals with metal pins. Chromo axles, but obviously not the best quality. They lasted 5 years, so I guess it aint all bad.

Anyone know of any DH rated nylon pedals? Looking at CB Stamp 1 Large.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032162
Mobile Version of Website