Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 4, 2020 at 4:26 Quote
Definitely looks more enduro than freeride!

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
It actually looks really good

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
Makes a lot of sense. It does look good

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
kwapik wrote:
New Status:
Have they turned the status into the alloy Enduro equivalent? Interesting move
Without actually looking at either of them, reminds me of the Revel bikes or that Cannondale that 50:01 are on. Pretty hot though, nice clean lines.

Most importantly - Chase Hawk is still doing stuff! That guy is one of the sickest, steeziest bmx'ers of all time. So much flow & amplitude.

Also looks like his is a mullet! I would be super stoked if a big mfg'er like Spesh made a stock mullet.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
The Big Hit was a mullet, and the budget long travel bike from NS is a 27.5/29 mullet as well. That is probably going to be the case here.

I just can't imagine a pro BMX rider getting a new mountain bike and going out of his way to spend a bunch of money on an even bigger wheel, that doesn't add up for several reasons.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
Anyone remember when the Pitch was just as good as the Enduro, at half the price?

This appears to have low anti-squat, even for a 650b, so maybe it's not as much of an Enduro clone as the Pitch was. Or maybe the photo is at a difficult angle and that's completely incorrect! Will be interesting when more details are available.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
It looks nearly exactly like a Cannondale Habit.

It'll probably be super cheap and undercut the Cannondale pricing by a few grand.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
PHeller wrote:
It looks nearly exactly like a Cannondale Habit.

and a close sibling to Canyon's Spectral

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
I'd love to see a Status slope.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
scotteh wrote:

Also looks like his is a mullet! I would be super stoked if a big mfg'er like Spesh made a stock mullet.

I believe it is a mullet in stock form.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
RMR please explain to me why mullet bikes are a thing? I just dont get it.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
RMR please explain to me why mullet bikes are a thing? I just dont get it.

Shorter chainstay makes for a playful rear end, while the bigger front wheel gives you better roll over...

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
That's not right.... most of these bikes dont have shorter chainstays they just have a smaller rear wheel. My bike has shorter chainstays than pretty much everything and it is 29... again RMR why do mullet bikes exist? I think its just dumb customer on top of terrible engineering and then some marketing to sell the terrible that is mullet.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
Most mullets have chainstays within a mm of 29ers. Additionally, when we get chainstays that are too short people complain about them being unstable or hard to climb on.

Mullet bikes have been around for ages they were just called B9ers or B6ers.

I would never spend money on a mullet bike, but I'd prefer bikes to have the ability to fit both big 29er and big 275 tires and also have BB height adjustment.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv81 0.018922
Mobile Version of Website