Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
They can be had on ebay for $800. I was going to try one before I bought my Shout but no 29 version.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
PHeller wrote:
It blows my mind how many brands are competing in the E-Bike space. Tons of brands that you wouldn't ever associate with bicycles.

Read about the sales numbers of ebikes - especially in Europe. I guess everyone wants a piece of the action.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
They can be had on ebay for $800. I was going to try one before I bought my Shout but no 29 version.
Out of stock unfortunately: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-X-Fusion-REVEL-X-HLR-34mm-27-5-Fork-Black-110-20mm-axle-/273944621388

Were you seeing them somewhere else?

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 15:19 Quote
theweaz wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Pics of that Yammy

https://www.mbr.co.uk/news/yamaha-e-bike-391838

So they made a commencal meta with a split too tube and a motor.

And let NS paint it.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 15:34 Quote
Gives me a lot of Forestal vibes.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
I like it a lot actually. Aesthetically looks better than most current ebikes.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 21:26 Quote
I've probably asked this before, but does anyone know who's out there making high-end MTB helmets without MIPS or a MIPS-like design?

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
I just bought a non-MIPS dropframe, it was on sale for $120 compared to $270 for the MIPS model. POC were making non-spin helmets last I checked also.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 21:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
I've probably asked this before, but does anyone know who's out there making high-end MTB helmets without MIPS or a MIPS-like design?

Care to explain your grievances with MIPS?

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 22:14 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

Care to explain your grievances with MIPS?

MIPS doesn't fit me. It puts pressure on uncomfortable areas of my head.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 0:12 Quote
seraph wrote:

I'm wearing Bell. I like their co-MIPS developed Spherical design. It's in the Super DH, maybe the Super Air? Side note, Bell/Giro partially own MIPS. Also worth noting MIPS is a for profit.

Back on topic, I also have a POC equipped with SPIN, which seems like a no brainer (pun intended) improvement to traditional MIPS designs. No hard surfaces, it's great.

Kali, Leatt, and Fox all used an armor gel derived liner which provides rotational protection and low speed. Unfortunately, the Leatt helmet I had was crap. Fox seems to be making some nice stuff! Kali is hit or miss depending on the model. Maya is a great value for ~$100 and lifetime crash replacement.

Lots of amazing non-MIPS stuff on the market.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 0:50 Quote
riish wrote:
I just bought a non-MIPS dropframe, it was on sale for $120 compared to $270 for the MIPS model. POC were making non-spin helmets last I checked also.

Wish I picked one of these up! I can’t find one anywhere now only the new pro ones for almost double the price

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 2:36 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
riish wrote:

Wish I picked one of these up! I can’t find one anywhere now only the new pro ones for almost double the price

Yeah, I figured for the price it was a steal! It's the first non-POC helmet I've owned in maybe 10 years. Fits really well.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
I'm still trying to track down a helmet that slims my huge head. I need an XL that doesn't look like a bucket. I think we've already covered this topic, though.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I'm still trying to track down a helmet that slims my huge head. I need an XL that doesn't look like a bucket. I think we've already covered this topic, though.

I usually take an XL helmet also. If you can, try on the size large Lazer Impala without the MIPS. It's roomy.
I'm loving it.
If you have big poofy hair, YMMV.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv81 0.019197
Mobile Version of Website