Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
Yeap nothing but Shimano cranks here, the SLX took a beating and that’s coming from 9 speed days... now I have XTR cranks but they feel scary hahah like I don’t want to smash them on stuff

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
Sorry for your loss dude. I'm pretty pleased with my m7100 slx cranks cheap as chips and they seem to be robust enough.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 5:07 Quote
riish wrote:
I’ve bent my SLX cranks twice now, but they just bend right back without issue. Had them since 2010 and still going strong!
Bend right back?! Major cause for concern to be fatiguing an aluminium alloy like that.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 15:06 Quote
Anyone here used any after market 12 speed cassettes? Need to replace my xo1 and have fallen down the rabbit hole of after market options, deep down I know I should stick to sram but wouldn't mind saving some money and maybe some weight

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 16:51 Quote
Leonardi and KCNC make the best shifting aftermarket cassettes for 12-speed IMO.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 19:37 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Garbaruk

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
Anyone have experience with garbaruk on SRAM Eagle? Is the shifting and durability the same? Needing to replace my gx cassette and planned to go XO1 this time. This could change my mind if the performance is just as good

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 20:33 Quote
Guy in the Sexiest Hardtail thread just had a Garbaruk fail prematurely:

nullzwo wrote:
i'll provide detailed photos next week. small parts on this come in polished, matte and brushed silver, gunmetal, oil slick, gold, champagne, copper, brushed dark gunmetal and black chrome with copper brushing. unfortunately the garbaruk cassette broke in pieces after 10 km of riding Frown so it runs a black 11speed sram now.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Guy in the Sexiest Hardtail thread just had a Garbaruk fail prematurely:

nullzwo wrote:
i'll provide detailed photos next week. small parts on this come in polished, matte and brushed silver, gunmetal, oil slick, gold, champagne, copper, brushed dark gunmetal and black chrome with copper brushing. unfortunately the garbaruk cassette broke in pieces after 10 km of riding Frown so it runs a black 11speed sram now.

Everything breaks at some point...

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 20:47 Quote
Speaking of... I just blew up 3 cogs on my 11s cassette on the Levo. I had dropped 3k into a drainage on moto trails and had to climb back out locked out to the smallest 5 cogs. It was brutal even with the assist. Clocked 5500' in 5 hours today and 11k for the weekend.

Probably need to start looking into 1 piece cassettes or maybe even a dedicated ebike drivetrain. Which sucks, because at this point every bike I own aside from the DH and DJ bike is running 11s stuff with 200mm rotors.. So every wheelset can go on every bike..

Don t think that is supposed to look like that..

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 20:52 Quote
Are you able to narrow your chainline a little, ex. go non-Boost? It will ever-so-slightly reduce the load that folded those sprockets.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Are you able to narrow your chainline a little, ex. go non-Boost? It will ever-so-slightly reduce the load that folded those sprockets.

Potentially.. I will absolutely take full responsibility for this. I was trying to climb a stupid technical moto climb that had a 15ft super steep wall to start... So I was jamming as fast as I could to get speed and then as soon as I hit the wall, I was jamming gears to get to the point where I could actually climb.. Shifting under load like that is asking to blow things up.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 20:56 Quote
Well ... yeah.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047603
Mobile Version of Website