Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
Yea I want a 800mm, 35mm rise, drop bar.

Seriously, at what point do the drops become pointless?

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
Flat bars with aero bars = best of both worlds.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Yea I want a 800mm, 35mm rise, drop bar.

At whatever point you stop using them...

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
Any drop is useless for me.. I have a super weak core and hate my drop bars on my road and CX bikes... I put slicks on my hardtail and have been stoked on using that as a badass CX style bike..

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:44 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I have a super weak core.

Train.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
Axxe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
I have a super weak core.

Train.

Sounds like too much work.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:50 Quote
All cycling depends on pelvic stability. Doing proper core work is probably the best bang for your buck/ time that most recreational cyclists can do.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
PHeller wrote:

Could this be rephrased as "At what point does an alternative configuration become superior to traditional drops"? If so, maybe at every point when riding solo (pack riding requires access to the brakes from the "cruising" position). Maybe whenever the surface isn't paved. Or something else.

shirk-007 wrote:
Flat bars with aero bars = best of both worlds.

Possibly, if the aero bars incorporate an alternate hand position equivalent to the drops.

swan3609 wrote:
Any drop is useless for me.. I have a super weak core and hate my drop bars on my road and CX bikes... I put slicks on my hardtail and have been stoked on using that as a badass CX style bike..

A hardtail with slicks does work well. I don't see many people making good use of the drops: lots of locked elbows, if the drops are even used.

Mod
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
I use drops about 60% of the time on my cx rig on road or gravel, dirt/trail is mostly hoods. I'm tall, gotta stay down, it also helps with adjusting positioning on the seat.

core training is good, but have you heard of beer?

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Could this be rephrased as "At what point does an alternative configuration become superior to traditional drops"? If so, maybe at every point when riding solo (pack riding requires access to the brakes from the "cruising" position). Maybe whenever the surface isn't paved. Or something else.
Am I misreading this or are you suggesting that drop bars are inferior for pack riding as compared to flat bars?

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
I use drops about 60% of the time on my cx rig on road or gravel, dirt/trail is mostly hoods. I'm tall, gotta stay down, it also helps with adjusting positioning on the seat.

core training is good, but have you heard of beer?

Beer is my #1 reason for not doing core training..

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 19:57 Quote
fredro wrote:
photo

This took a nice wack yesterday at the bike park. I cringed when it happened, but it was fine. AXS not as delicate as one would think. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Or in this case, shifting.

I LOVE MY AXS Fab

Sorry to hear about your AXSdent!

I’ll see myself out.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
Heard a couple of tales about AXS surviving ridiculous stuff

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 22:01 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Heard a couple of tales about AXS surviving ridiculous stuff

Dude, yeah. It's is burly. I've bent two megatower hangers but have yet to bend the derailleur in any way I mostly ride park on it...

In one case I was riding a skinny, jumped off early to the left. Derailleur landed on the edge of skinny, bent hanger.

Another case. Bike leaning against car. Breeze blows bike over onto ground. Too far away to catch it cuz drinking beers wit da bois. Lands derailleur first on asphalt and bends haneger.

But axs doesn't shift as smooth as hyperglide+, and the clutch wears out f*cking fast. Chain slappy slapperton it is..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042140
Mobile Version of Website