Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
My dog litterally is what keeps me mentally stable. She comes to work with me and when I don't see the wife for 4 days straight due to conflicting work schedules, the dog is what keeps me sane.

Definitely agree that there are lots of terrible dog owners out there.. If the dog isn't a part of your family like a child or spouse, then you don't deserve a dog.

I love my dog more than members of my extended family.
100%

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
Yes my dogs are fairly well behaved but since my oldest dog grew up on property since we moved into town she barks more. I find exercise is great for keeping dogs well behaved though.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
nubbs wrote:
We aint ibis dealer, but one of my mechanics has had zero issues with his ripmo pivots thus far.

Circe wrote:
I had a V1 for over a year. Took it all over the US (Pisgah, Sedona, Bellingham,), the South Island of New Zealand, and lots of places in California. I would guess I had 1,500 miles on the bike when I sold it? Can't say for sure.

The bushings in the lower link were flawless. No creaking or notchiness. I never touched them. Although Ibis does send out free replacements if you need them. I have bigger/faster friends who live in the PNW and they haven't had issues either.

My old HD4 had bearings in the lower link and they would creak after 3-6 months. Bearings like to rotate and that lower link doesn't move very much. The upper link has bearings, which seems like a solid application.

Just picked up my new V2 frame and parts. Stay tuned.

Thanks for feedback.

Considering IGUS bushings in my next build and was looking for updated feedback.

They worked well for Turner but were a nightmare for Banshee. Rocky had some mixed success with them.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:52 Quote
My Rocky Altitude had bushings and that thing creaked about once a month. It sucked.

I think it comes down to application. Lots of shocks use bushings in the eyelets with minimal issues.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
My Warden has bushings in a couple locations and they have been problem free.

Mod
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Circe wrote:
My Rocky Altitude had bushings and that thing creaked about once a month. It sucked.

I think it comes down to application. Lots of shocks use bushings in the eyelets with minimal issues.

I'd like to remind everyone again, that Hardtails don't have this issue.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
The rider creaks instead.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
New Evil is getting torn apart in Pinkbike comments.

It'll still sell like mad and people will whine that they never get reviewed.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
The designer at Evil must have a short inseam and long torso/arms.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
Plenty of people liked the old one, and this one seems like an updated version of that.

Sure the actual seat tube angle could be steeper but its steeper than the old one and about the same as other bikes with kinks in the seat tube.

The only thing I personally don’t like is the super boost spacing.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
148 should not have been a thing. 157 actually makes the most since. Imo

Mod
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:

Explain yoself

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
We have had 157 for quite awhile then 148 was created to fix a problem 157 already fixed. Should have went right from 142 to 157 instead of stopping in the middle.

I still think it's a bit overkill for 27.5 wheels could have stayed at 142 but there is no real drawback to running the wider spacing with the smaller wheel either.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

Explain yoself

From a building standpoint it creates the most room for tire and chainring while keeping q factor low.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:54 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
We have had 157 for quite awhile then 148 was created to fix a problem 157 already fixed. Should have went right from 142 to 157 instead of stopping in the middle.

I still think it's a bit overkill for 27.5 wheels could have stayed at 142 but there is no real drawback to running the wider spacing with the smaller wheel either.

Other than heal rub and a wider rear end leading to more deraileur and rotor strikes.

I’m not saying 148 is that much better, but I really don’t think trail bikes need a wider rear axle spacing, even 142 was totally fine for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.063972
Mobile Version of Website