Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 9:43 Quote
Anyone got any recommendations for a decent trail bike, probably around 140/150mm, either wheelsize (plus tyres considered) that's around £2k? My friend is looking for a new bike, she was looking at a Fuel (she)Ex, but I think something slightly more gravity oriented would give her more confidence in times of gnar.

So far I've come up with the Bird Aether and Canyon Spectral.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
Aether 7 is a great choice. Unsure whether the Aether 9 will be introduced with an aluminum version or only the carbon.

How's the availability of Marin in your area? Rift Zone has less travel, but it has the geometry. Whyte S-120, Nukeproof Reactor, and Commencal Meta TR also come to mind.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
Don't tell anyone, but a 30mm spindle crank will fit with a DUB BSA bottom bracket if you take the plastic shims out of each side.

You didn't hear that from me.

#28.99isascam#

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Selle Anatomic saddles are what Brooks wishes they could be.

Selle anatomic saddles are some of the worst if not the worst leather saddles on the market. They are complete junk.

Care to elaborate on that statement?

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
seraph wrote:
Don't tell anyone, but a 30mm spindle crank will fit with a DUB BSA bottom bracket if you take the plastic shims out of each side.

#28.99isascam#

Of course... What bearing spec did you think they were using? Geek

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

#28.99isascam#

The special magic bearings that make them so much more durable than 30mm systems.

Rolleyes

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
They added plastic spacers so they don't creak thats the magic.......

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

#28.99isascam#

For what it's worth I remember you saying this on day one of DUB

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
It's the custom PF41/bb92 bearings that drove their funky 28.99 sizing, not BSA or PF30.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
Also dub spacers are 30mm id so you can use them for slack on 30mm cranksets and have the preload dial be less out.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
crs-one wrote:
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

#28.99isascam#

For what it's worth I remember you saying this on day one of DUB

Indubitably

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 16:34 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Selle Anatomic saddles are what Brooks wishes they could be.

Selle anatomic saddles are some of the worst if not the worst leather saddles on the market. They are complete junk.

Care to elaborate on that statement?

Tons of broken rails along with bad leather that just didnt hold up. The quality that Brooks can do on the scale they do it is hands down better. I run a Gilles though. Which in my opinion is the best leather saddle.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 17:33 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

#28.99isascam#

The special magic bearings that make them so much more durable than 30mm systems.

Rolleyes
Wasn't the whole point that reducing the shaft size allowed them to add sealing to increase lifespan?

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 17:53 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
iggzdaloc wrote:

Rolleyes
Wasn't the whole point that reducing the shaft size allowed them to add sealing to increase lifespan?

I was told by a SRAM rep that it allowed them to run bigger balls in the bearings.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
"I was told by a SRAM rep that it allowed them to run bigger balls"

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021955
Mobile Version of Website