Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Caved in and bought a PNW dropper.

Now we wait.

What made you choose PNW over OneUp?

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 20:47 Quote
I would not trust a _dropper_ that is named one _up_.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 20:56 Quote
To be completely honest, price point and started reading and watching a comparison vid on both. A lot of the "cons" that the Rainier had, were actually pros for me. I'm 205lbs and the Rainier requires "more force" to drop it, the Rainier is a bit more quiet and slower raise than the OneUp, which are things I also prefer.

Has more adjustability for small increments without using a tool or pins.

Both are very similar, but the PNW sounds like it would work better for me.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:53 Quote
i’ve got a oneup with a wolftooth lever on my full suspension and just put a pnw ranier on the hardtail. the ranier along with the loam lever feels soooooo much better and doesn’t squeak every time i lower it like the oneup does no matter how much i grease the thing.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 22:05 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
photo

25lbs 9 oz....10 lbs lighter than my TCI!

Where can I get one?

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
Wale wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
photo

25lbs 9 oz....10 lbs lighter than my TCI!

Where can I get one?
http://www.carbonda.com/mountain/full-suspension/98.html

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
To be completely honest, price point and started reading and watching a comparison vid on both. A lot of the "cons" that the Rainier had, were actually pros for me. I'm 205lbs and the Rainier requires "more force" to drop it, the Rainier is a bit more quiet and slower raise than the OneUp, which are things I also prefer.

Did you look at the SDG?

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 3:40 Quote
Circe wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

Did you look at the SDG?

I did not. Didn't even know they made one, let alone remembered about them.

Just checked on them.

$100 more and out of stock as well.

Mod
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 3:51 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Circe wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

Did you look at the SDG?

I did not. Didn't even know they made one, let alone remembered about them.

Just checked on them.

$100 more and out of stock as well.

Well, that's you missing out on Soft Durable Goods!

Mod
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 3:54 Quote
Can we just discuss the elephant in the room - is anyone else as surprised by the Schwalbe weights as I am or have I just been out of the game that long?

Also, the Wicked Will was their best tire ever.

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 4:06 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Can we just discuss the elephant in the room - is anyone else as surprised by the Schwalbe weights as I am or have I just been out of the game that long?

Where you expecting heavier or lighter?

Mod
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:

Where you expecting heavier or lighter?
lighter, the new super trail cpd in their 2.6x29 is a couple hundred grams heavier than a comparable Maxxis or Spesh.

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 4:09 Quote
They are indeed very heavy.

So much that only the Super Trail seems interesting to me. Upfront only, probably. In the back it might be necessary / safe to go for the Gravity, but the weight is way too high.

And with an insert we are talking about 1.5 kg....!

Probably totally overkill, though, except maybe for e-bikes, big big guys, or bike park bikes?

The new Big Betty seems like an interesting rear tire, but «The actual weight for a 29 x 2.4” Super Gravity version is 1363 grams»... And no Super Trail option available on this one.

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
they were rather light at some point with supergravity tyres being odd hundred grams lighter than the equivalent double down(?)

now they are on par then?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.062020
Mobile Version of Website