Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
As impractical as it would be I still really want to get a slope bike. I do ride my DJ at least once a week though.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
As impractical as it would be I still really want to get a slope bike. I do ride my DJ at least once a week though.

I think the non practically of them is what makes them so desirable.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 16:30 Quote
Size down your daily ride.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
Is that an e-verb on the Ticket?

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Is that an e-verb on the Ticket?

Magura Vyron.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
And it sucked. Haven’t played with the latest version but that one was rough. Worked for the slope bike but trail riding it sucked.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 18:37 Quote
Vyron v2 is considerably better than v1 (larger remote button, less delay/faster response), but it still can't hold a candle to my OneUp, Brand-X, or Spesh Command post. The only reason I kept it for so long is I needed a dropper that I could remove daily to get under the bed of my camper van.

Haven't tried AXS so can't comment how the Vyron stacks up. Looks like you had it mounted backwards, was that for tire clearance or tilt?

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
Can confirm. AXS is dope AF. No wires. Hate having to take out batteries for road trips.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
scotteh wrote:
GOAT status:
Brooooooooo I fckin would get one if I found one. That's some nostalgia right there.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Vyron v2 is considerably better than v1 (larger remote button, less delay/faster response), but it still can't hold a candle to my OneUp, Brand-X, or Spesh Command post. The only reason I kept it for so long is I needed a dropper that I could remove daily to get under the bed of my camper van.

Haven't tried AXS so can't comment how the Vyron stacks up. Looks like you had it mounted backwards, was that for tire clearance or tilt?

AXS rules, no comparison there. And tilt for sure.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 20:56 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
I have played with trying to make DJ bikes into Trail bikes and visa versa..

If you want something that's really going to behave, you need a DJ/Pump bike.. My Yeti DJ is slack enough that with a 120mm fork and long seat post, it kinda almost doesn't trail bike stuff, but not well..

But with a 80mm fork, stiff wheels and a light build, it's a super competitive Pumptrack/BMX bike. More stable than my 20" but so much more snappy and responsive than any trail bike I have tried to convert to a DJ bike.

Yeah basically if you can find a 4x frame dual suspension or not. Or look at the 4X thread and some of the bikes that have been conscripted into that duty those are always fun. It's a damn shame that 4x died/ just became big BMX racing and the development of what is now downcountry essentially stalled out during the mid 2010's.

I have always said I want a nice 4x bike... But I have no idea what I'd do with it..

Doesn't matter. Flow trail ride now and then. Pumptrack session. Cruise to other bike shops to flex. That's what I do with mine mainly.

2005 Turner 4X 21.5lbs 9.7kg

9.7kg, 12" BB, and one brake. The tiny amount of suspension on offer works great, and the threshold for scary fast is a lot lower when all you can do to slow down is skid on a Thunder Burt.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
crs-one wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Yeah basically if you can find a 4x frame dual suspension or not. Or look at the 4X thread and some of the bikes that have been conscripted into that duty those are always fun. It's a damn shame that 4x died/ just became big BMX racing and the development of what is now downcountry essentially stalled out during the mid 2010's.

I have always said I want a nice 4x bike... But I have no idea what I'd do with it..

Doesn't matter. Flow trail ride now and then. Pumptrack session. Cruise to other bike shops to flex. That's what I do with mine mainly.

9.7kg, 12" BB, and one brake. The tiny amount of suspension on offer works great, and the threshold for scary fast is a lot lower when all you can do to slow down is skid on a Thunder Burt.

That's rad.. Love those old turners!

My Yeti DJ is flex enough when you look at it... 20.2 lbs for a large (pretty heavy) frame .. Carbon wheels, carbon cranks, carbon Bar, tubeless slicks, XTR pedals.. Crushed regional BMX qualifers on it and I still do flips and 360s on it. Plus it was .03 seconds away from qualifing for pumptrack worlds on it.. She is fast.. #epeenswing

But I agree a Yeti 4x or Specialized SX are the ultimate dream builds to have for the "why not" reason.. I have a RC2DH Lyrik lowered to 120mm just waiting for the the right frame.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 22:15 Quote
I still have my Transition Double frame. It’s going to live somewhere in the garage rafters as art.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 22:31 Quote
Circe wrote:
I still have my Transition Double frame. It’s going to live somewhere in the garage rafters as art.

Please tell me it's one of the PBR frames? I don't really want it, but I'd appreciate that art even more if it was.

My Yellow M1 is in the process of getting built back up with NOS yellow deemaxes for its final "wall art" build.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 23:31 Quote
crs-one wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Ah yus CRS's Turner, classic Salute

One of my local shops that I skip down to all the time loves seeing my 'wood Razz . Also since I have a full range cassette on the back I finally broke down and got a dropper for it (in the mail) as it's still a ton of fun to ride mellower trails on. #OGdowncountry
Put on a stupid cheap Float DPS 2019 since the Rocco blew up. Also the Gamut guard came from the M9 since the 951 Evo couldn t take it without modification.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021785
Mobile Version of Website