Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
That was hands down the most convincing sales pitch for a bidet I've ever seen.

Lol, we only got the $400 one. Now that I reread my post, we should have gotten the $700 with the nightlight, that has a motion activated lid.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
I like my bidet. Cleans my ass well. No dingleberries to stick to my chamois.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 17:17 Quote
I'd argue that if your $400 Toto broke down and was worthless after a year, you'd think twice about buying another.

You'd say "can anything clean my ass for less money and be more reliable?"

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I'd argue that if your $400 Toto broke down and was worthless after a year, you'd think twice about buying another.

Garden hose. But that's not quite the point.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
I don't think the neighbours would be impressed if after every toilet trip you shuffled out to the garden with your trousers round your ankles just to clean up.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 21:09 Quote
PHeller wrote:

We figured it out. This is why you’re such a tight ass. You’ve been wiping and wiping and wiping, with no relief in sight. Just roaming God’s green earth with a filthy butthole.

Think of all the money you waste on toilet paper? You could reduce your consumption. Are you on a septic? You could prolong cleanings? Between the two, you could probably buy multiple sets or $80 tires!

I think I just solved the worlds ills. Is there an opening on November 2nd?

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 22:57 Quote
Back to tyres for a minuite, I’ve just fitted a set of Michelin enduros and I’m really liking them. The tread pattern isnt quite as good as a magic Mary but the compound and casing seem some of the best I’ve ridden

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 0:30 Quote
In 27 years of plumbing I think I've fitted 3 bidets but have removed dozens.

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Back to tyres for a minuite, I’ve just fitted a set of Michelin enduros and I’m really liking them. The tread pattern isnt quite as good as a magic Mary but the compound and casing seem some of the best I’ve ridden

I'm a full convert to the Wild Enduros. Been running them about 6 months and been recommending them to all my boys.

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 2:02 Quote
Andy should also got a bidet
https://youtu.be/vGCIGEUB32M

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
I think of myself as a bidet.

No one really knows why I’m here, but I add a touch of class.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
I think of myself as a bidet.

No one really knows why I’m here, but I add a touch of class.

That first line could be taken so many ways

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 5:07 Quote
Circe wrote:
PHeller wrote:
It's not that I don't think Maxxis makes a good tire, it's more that I have a hard time spending $80 for a tire that only last a year, if that.

Again, another benefit to rockin two wheelsets. Makes tires last longer, and you don't get disappointed when your $160 tire combo is incredibly draggy on that mostly flat 40 mile ride with buddies on XC bikes, or the XC tires you just spent $160 are are getting cut the minute you look at a few rocks on the big mountain.

So, I bought a bidet a few years ago. Just a cheap one, figure out if I liked it. Long story short, it's awesome. So I said f*ck it, bought a Japanese Toto. It was $$$. Heated seat, dryer, two user settings, and it shoots warm to hot water up your hooha in oscillating, pulsing, or normal patterns. You pick. It's the god damn Fox Factory X2 of bidet toppers. It's amazing.

I was sitting on this thing the other day, enjoying my slightly warm toilet seat when I had this realization - I sit on this thrown at minimum 3x times a day. So does the boy. Between us, that's 6 uses a day, 365 days a year. We sit on this thing over 2,000 times a year.

Divided between all those uses, this toilet seat of the Gods costs less than a penny per use. And it's a glorious experience.

Wrapping this back to tires - I will pay my $80 a tire happily for earth shatteringly good traction or speed or whatever I am prioritizing on my bike because I LOVE riding my bike. It makes me happy. When I divide the amount of time and miles I get out of a tire by the cost, it's really not that much.

And yes, I do pay retail for tires and I still don't care. Rubber matters. That's not a place I'm going to cheap out.

Insert mandatory #thatswhatshesaid

lol I bought the Toto Neorest bidet several years ago when I was remodeling my main bathroom, after I heard all of the features I had to have it. Best bathroom decision I ever made. I now have one in our master bathroom too. Like u said, pricy, but soooo worth it. I hate having to go anywhere else and I’d never buy a regular toilet again. As for the tires, Maxis is my go to.

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 7:07 Quote
Same!! Nothing is the same after using a bidet, when I get to build my house will include one for sure

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
In 27 years of plumbing I think I've fitted 3 bidets but have removed dozens.

Why ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020384
Mobile Version of Website