Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
I see you're embracing the dad bod and inexorable descent to the bottom of the Strava leaderboard. Wink

LOL. I'm cultivating mass to secure those downhill KOMs. Don't need to pedal much when you have that much mass going downhill!

In all seriousness, dad life has made me hit the Strava harder as my time is limited so every ride is a power hour!

Pretty soon, you’ll be telling us how great ebikes are when you’re a dad with limited time.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 1:00 Quote
How about 165s...

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 2:00 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
How about 165s...

Too obvious.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
Circe wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
I see you're embracing the dad bod and inexorable descent to the bottom of the Strava leaderboard. Wink

LOL. I'm cultivating mass to secure those downhill KOMs. Don't need to pedal much when you have that much mass going downhill!

In all seriousness, dad life has made me hit the Strava harder as my time is limited so every ride is a power hour!

Pretty soon, you’ll be telling us how great ebikes are when you’re a dad with limited time.

Ha, I’d love to join Swan with an eBike, but I enjoy the fitness side of self propelled riding too much. Plus I love riding since all I have to do is make sure my tire pressure is right and I can take off. It’s why I still haven’t gone to AXS. Having to think about fully charged battery takes away from it for me. Might get a cargo eBike first instead of a second car, but that’s as much e-doping I’ll do in the immediate future.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
Ive got a toddler, staying analog for now.

I think this is because I dont live at the base of a huge mountain. If I did and has to climb a few thousand feet on a 1hr lunch ride, then yea, I might be interesred in a ebike.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
An Ebike is definitely in my future. It’s time

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
I mountain bike for the exercise as a big part of it so probably not going to an ebike anytime soon. Local dude is 77 and still riding the mountains with no assist I feel like if he can I probably should be able to as well.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
Demo'd a few ebikes and I'm still as exhausted at the end of the day as on a regular bike, I've just gone further. You get as much exercise on an emtb as anywhere else.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:29 Quote
fredro wrote:
An Ebike is definitely in my future. It’s time


Same

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Demo'd a few ebikes and I'm still as exhausted at the end of the day as on a regular bike, I've just gone further. You get as much exercise on an emtb as anywhere else.

I would like to see the heart rate monitor data to prove this theory. I hear it all the time. I’ve ridden ebikes. I never feel as tired. Maybe I need to put in Eco mode? But then it feels like I’m riding a hog uphill and I all I can think about is how much sicker it is to ride dirt bikes.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
I can absolutely be lazy and not get as good of a workout on the Levo.. But generally I am just as tired and actually have held a higher heart rate on my ebike rides.. I spend most of my time in eco mode and trail and I am generally climbing 2x as fast as an analog bike.

The ebike just allows me to get more riding in for the time and effort I have..

Dad and I have been doing a super badass 2 hour e bike ride lately that is 28 miles and 5k of climbing.. It's usually a 5 hour ride on analog bikes.

Plus there have been trees down on this loops for 3 years that were never cut out because it's such a pain in the ass to get a saw in there with regular bikes. But I was happy to carry a little saw in there on the ebike and cut that stuff out. I really think a trail tool set that breaks down is in my future.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
Looking forward to cleaning hard techy climbs on an ebike, former "pushing" sections, may well end up being rideable after all

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
What are folks opinions on the best suspension upgrade you can do (to your existing forks) within a reasonable budget?

I've got a 2020 Lyric select which, although nice, doesn't give me a huge amount of tuning options now that I have air pressure and rebound dialled in. The compression damping leaves a bit to be desired!

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
wohwee wrote:
What are folks opinions on the best suspension upgrade you can do (to your existing forks) within a reasonable budget?

I've got a 2020 Lyric select which, although nice, doesn't give me a huge amount of tuning options now that I have air pressure and rebound dialled in. The compression damping leaves a bit to be desired!

Phone TF Tuned, or, whomsoever you think is best

Spending the extra initially (on a top spec Lyrik) may well have been the better option

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
Winning the weight game, got the new E.13 HelixR cassette for my Tallboy. Hopefully it shifts better than the old ones did. At the very least it will shift better than the KCNC one I've got on there right now.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020406
Mobile Version of Website