Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 2:54 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Gear question

Looking at new winter/fall pants. As someone who rides Lycra 100% of the time, what’s the lightest/least restrictive pant for someone with a dad bod and a massive ....quads?

Cheers

Don't go for the Dharco ones if you have large quads. TLD or Endura will fit better.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:53 Quote
I've got the Fox ones with the added waterproofing which perform great, I was just disappointed to find only one pocket, if that's relevant to you.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
For the same price - am I better off buying a lightly used 2019 Pike with a charger damper, or a new 2020 Yari with the motion control damper?
I think the Pike is quite a bit lighter? It’s going on a trail bike.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
riish wrote:
For the same price - am I better off buying a lightly used 2019 Pike with a charger damper, or a new 2020 Yari with the motion control damper?

Stay away from the motion control damper. Any charger damper is waaay better.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
riish wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
Gear question

Looking at new winter/fall pants. As someone who rides Lycra 100% of the time, what’s the lightest/least restrictive pant for someone with a dad bod and a massive ....quads?

Cheers

Don't go for the Dharco ones if you have large quads. TLD or Endura will fit better.

I. think told pants fit like shit. They have such weird low waste lines.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
riish wrote:

Depends on how big you are and how hard you ride. The Yari for bigger guys and the pike for smaller guys. You can also get a charger damper for only a few hundred bucks to put into the Yari.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
riish wrote:

Depends on how big you are and how hard you ride. The Yari for bigger guys and the pike for smaller guys. You can also get a charger damper for only a few hundred bucks to put into the Yari.

I don’t expect this bike to get ridden that hard, it’s a 140mm fork on a 29” hardtail.
Have an enduro bike with a 36 for general smashing.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
Pike for sure then

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
Pike is life

Pike is love

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
riish wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
Gear question

Cheers

I. think told pants fit like shit. They have such weird low waste lines.

I love my NF Riding pants. So comfy - expensive but worth it. The styling is subtle in the all black

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
fredro wrote:
Pike is life

Pike is love
We all know a pistachio or orange 34 would look stellar on your bike.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
I prefer RS or DVO over Fox

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025964
Mobile Version of Website