Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:03 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Circe wrote:
anyone use a PrestaFlator Digital? Looking for something like this to top off the old tires. Overkill? absolutely. Do I still want it? yes.

photo

We had one in the shop and it died quickly at the hands of our groms/sales people.. We have the park inflators at every bench and they have lasted.. I am sure in the hands of someone more careful it would be a great tool..

Funny. I’ve seen the Park Tools one break! That’s why I was looking at the Presta option

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:10 Quote
Circe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Circe wrote:
anyone use a PrestaFlator Digital? Looking for something like this to top off the old tires. Overkill? absolutely. Do I still want it? yes.

photo

We had one in the shop and it died quickly at the hands of our groms/sales people.. We have the park inflators at every bench and they have lasted.. I am sure in the hands of someone more careful it would be a great tool..

Funny. I’ve seen the Park Tools one break! That’s why I was looking at the Presta option

Park tools have done the best for us.. they still break but parts are easy to get..

Preferred is the Evt inflator or whatever else then just use the digi tire gauge to finalize the pressure, of the tire.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Circe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Park tools have done the best for us.. they still break but parts are easy to get..

Preferred is the Evt inflator or whatever else then just use the digi tire gauge to finalize the pressure, of the tire.

I know EVT is super high quality... But I just can't justify the price.. And I can't convince my shop to spend that kind of money either.

We have killed 1 Park inflator in my 10 years at the shop.. And have one the needs a total rebuild as well.. But I consider that pretty good for 5 air hose stations the get used dozens of times a day.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Circe wrote:

I know EVT is super high quality... But I just can't justify the price.. And I can't convince my shop to spend that kind of money either.

We have killed 1 Park inflator in my 10 years at the shop.. And have one the needs a total rebuild as well.. But I consider that pretty good for 5 air hose stations the get used dozens of times a day.

We don't have Evt either... Just sampled em once. The park works fine for what it is. It could definitely be better tho!

We sell tons of the presta cycle inflators without the gauge to custys for tubeless. Those are cool for the price, but no gauge eh.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
I get that EVT has done the hard work of sourcing top quality parts. And I know top quality parts are not cheap... But $165 for an air nozzle body, a gauge and an air chuck is a streach. I appreciate that they make a living selling those top tier tools to people, but they won't sell them to me... I feel like I could DIY that build and get 98% of the performance for 50% of the price. I am just obviously not in their target market.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:44 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I get that EVT has done the hard work of sourcing top quality parts. And I know top quality parts are not cheap... But $165 for an air nozzle body, a gauge and an air chuck is a streach. I appreciate that they make a living selling those top tier tools to people, but they won't sell them to me... I feel like I could DIY that build and get 98% of the performance for 50% of the price. I am just obviously not in their target market.

Agreed ya the inflator is so expensive for only being a device that puts air into a tire.

The Evt stand heads are freaking legitness tho!!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
nubbs wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Agreed ya the inflator is so expensive for only being a device that puts air into a tire.

The Evt stand heads are freaking legitness tho!!

The stands are really nice.. I bought a dual head park stand for my house and/or my mobile gig trailer and one of the heads is worn out.. In the trailer I won't have the space to run both heads, but for the house, I was strongly considering buying one of their heads. Would be really nice..

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:15 Quote
Any experience with the cheap digital Amazon versions? If not, might just have to pick up the Park Tools!

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:29 Quote
What are the options for 12 speed cassettes with max 46t largest cog? Preferably for XD or regular freehub. All I could find were E13 and Rotor. Anyone have experience of Rotor's casesettes?

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 4:12 Quote
Shimano make all their new cassettes in 10-45t as well as 10-51t

Gabaruk make a 10-48t also, if that's any use

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 4:42 Quote
Sunrace also makes

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 5:09 Quote
This isn't really enduro (or mtb) related but I noticed that there is an upgrade kit for Sram's road shifters to make them 12sp but I don't really need a 50t sprocket in the back on my gravel bike and the reason I'm actually interested in it would be smaller gaps between the cogs. Rotor's cassette seems like a good option for this with 11-12-13-15-17-19-22-25-29-34-39-46. Small gaps where it matters.

I'm currently on a 11-42 Sunrace cassette with 42t up front.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Circe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I have been running the prestaflator at my house as I the park one is clunky and gets f*cked with sealant to quick. The battery that ships with these digital gauges is trash. It went out right away. Put a new battery in and it has been fine.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Circe wrote:

I have been running the prestaflator at my house as I the park one is clunky and gets f*cked with sealant to quick. The battery that ships with these digital gauges is trash. It went out right away. Put a new battery in and it has been fine.

Would I be able to use that with a 4x4 compressor? Its quite a large one. Pumps around 160L/min

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
No worries, I found ARB makes a similar one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.109061
Mobile Version of Website