PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
fredro wrote:
I’ve tried most.

Hopes are my favorites.

Ditto.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
What do the Hope fans like so much about them?

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
Modulation is better than Shimano but not as good as SRAM, sharper bite than SRAM but not quite as sharp as Shimano, well that's what my old M4's were like. This is compared to Xt 2 pots and Guide RSC.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
Modulation, ease of adjustments, and just the right amount of stopping power. Steel braided hoses for bonus swag points.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
I have had Hopes I liked, but they are noisy AF.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
Thank you for the feedback!

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
31.9lbs

Sorry it took so long, but you’re the winner! 31.9lbs on the dot. PM me your address and bikes your currently ride and I’ll have one of my distributors send you some SDG love!

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
I am not a fan of the (lack of) initial bite, but they do offer better modulation than both SRAM and Shimano I think. Perhaps it comes down to braking style, if you’re someone who likes to brake hard and late, compared to smoothly and slightly earlier.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
Guide RSC levers to gen2 Code calipers has been quite excellent to me for the last 5 years

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
I really want to like something else apart from Shimano brakes but I can’t get over how good the lever shape and throw is.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
seraph wrote:
I have had Hopes I liked, but they are noisy AF.

Did u have metallic pads? I prefer organic and they don’t make any noise. As has already been said, they have great modulation, good enough power for 1 or 2 finger braking and virtually never need servicing other than pad changes. And if u do need to bleed them, they are super easy, just like a motorcycle or car brakes. The Race X2’s and E4’s are pretty light too. Color choices are a bonus. I also think their 2pc floating rotors look and function better than any other rotors.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
riish wrote:
I am not a fan of the (lack of) initial bite, but they do offer better modulation than both SRAM and Shimano I think.

Many brakes are described as having great power, but less modulation or poor power, but great modulation. Of course a system with less power should be easy to modulate and avoid wheel locking. It's impressive only when a brake has especially high power and is easy to modulate.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
I have G2 Rs’s on my Spur and they are dreadful. They’re great at slowing me down, but I have zero confidence in them stopping me

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
had a friend run Hope levers on Guide calipers and they worked really nice....

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020189
Mobile Version of Website