Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 20:56 Quote
Last I checked EXT was the only shock manufacturer offering HBO.

Folks who have ridden the Mattoc, Mezzer, Dorado, Vorsprung Smashpot, Avalanche, and Fox 40 likely have felt HBO.

Shocks with it would require a different kinematic approach than what we’ve been used to.

RMR assuming you selected the Storia and AM9 to work together, why did the frames suspension design compliment the Storias HBO feature?

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
The FAST Fenix also has it - and don't forget Marzocchi's RC2X!

Shocks and kinematics already vary a great deal. They're not so precisely tuned that a minor change will require anything not already available. Also: dampers with hydraulic bottom-out systems have smaller elastomer bottom-out bumpers, so it's not like they just added a position-sensitive damping boost on top of the existing system.

No, I didn't select the two to work together. I selected the frame because my employer didn't want to create prototypes, so I had to find off-the-shelf products to test various fit, handling, and kinematic properties. The AM9 was a great pseudo-prototype because it shared a couple parameters with the design I was working on, it was cheap, and it was made in the same factory ... and I'm still riding it because I like it.

I chose a coil spring because the AM9 v1 has a very progressive motion ratio. I chose the Arma, specifically, because I wanted to confirm whether to stock it as an upgrade option.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
Is there a shock on the market that allows end-stroke tuning in the same way as Fox’s Boost Valve/Bottom-out resistance did? I really like that feature on mine, feel like the DHX2 is lacking in that regard. Sure, you get HSR adjustment, but at the cost of end-stroke control and ability to adjust how progressive the shock feels from the midstroke onwards with boost valve pressure/volume.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
pole's got a new 160mm stamina MX

photo

https://polebicycles.com/polestore/product/stamina-160/

pretty ok I guess but wouldnt be my first (or 10th for that matter) choice. Not the least for the eyewatering price of 4,795.00€ for a frame

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
riish wrote:
Is there a shock on the market that allows end-stroke tuning in the same way as Fox’s Boost Valve/Bottom-out resistance did? I really like that feature on mine, feel like the DHX2 is lacking in that regard. Sure, you get HSR adjustment, but at the cost of end-stroke control and ability to adjust how progressive the shock feels from the midstroke onwards with boost valve pressure/volume.

The EXT Arma allows you to adjust the Hydraulic Bottom-out Circuit in place of the climb switch found on the Storia shock.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
Same ugly ass Pole design. Hopefully better reliability.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
That looks hideous

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
PHeller wrote:

fredro wrote:
That looks hideous

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
PHeller wrote:

fredro wrote:
That looks hideous

That sums my thoughts as well

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
and I think the thing that sucks most for Pole is that their design process (despite some of its flaws) is really beautiful and produces really pretty details on the bike, but the overall lines and shape of the bike are ugly.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 16:34 Quote
PHeller wrote:
and I think the thing that sucks most for Pole is that their design process (despite some of its flaws) is really beautiful and produces really pretty details on the bike, but the overall lines and shape of the bike are ugly.

I agree, that cnc look is just beautiful! I think I’d rather go Acto5 at this point but I do also think Pole’s look is very foreign race ready and I love that

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
fantaman wrote:
My Garbaruk MicroSpline 10-52 cassette came in today,my AXS XO setup is ready.
photo
photo
photo

Nice! What’s the weight of that cassette?

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
iirc it's ~340g

SRAM GX cassette which isn't all that much cheaper is like 440g, and lighter than X01 too

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 15:33 Quote
tom666 wrote:
iirc it's ~340g

SRAM GX cassette which isn't all that much cheaper is like 440g, and lighter than X01 too

tup

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
I want to replace my f*cked up 120mm 34 Performance. So I guess my options are Sid 35 Ultimate or Select(+), Fox 34 SC or standard, Factory or Performance Elite. Fox would be with Fit4 as those are available for 600€ or so on RCZ. I've heard people talking here about durability issues of the new Sid. Were these issues only related to the Race Day damper?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.062820
Mobile Version of Website