Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Any of these pant suggestions made in North America?

lol lol lol

Why not go with some winter running tights and run those under regular shorts?

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
That's what I do. Usually just get a couple of cheap pairs of womens thermal leggings and run them under my shorts. Get them at Bimart for like 7 bucks a pair!

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
I just use Adidas sweatpants

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
NF pants are designed and built in bc

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
Insert Kitsbow joke here.

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 18:55 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Any of these pant suggestions made in North America?

Finest slums of Guatemala, yes.

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 22:00 Quote
I have the NF pants and they are awesome. Great fit, good pockets and look awesome.

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 22:22 Quote
XC skiing pants work really well too, if you have slim kneepads.

No idea if that sport is popular enough in North America that you’ll be able to find cheaper XC-ski gear compared to mtb-specific stuff

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 22:37 Quote
It's pretty niche and most products aimed specifically at XC skiing are priced similarly to bike gear.

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 23:07 Quote
Damn. I live just below the Arctic circle line in Sweden, so XC skiing is absolutely huge here, and most large sporting stores will have a huge range of gear.

It’s quite fun, in addition to all the ski tracks in the forest, the ocean freezes over around this time of year so one can ski or ice-skate out to small islands from the city harbour.

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 23:31 Quote
It's a good sport and I like it, just not common in most of North America. Much of our continent doesn't get the right snow for it - or any snow - and it wouldn't be very exciting to ski on the prairies!

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
NF is who I was thinking of, thanks.

I wonder how the NF pants fit compared to Endura Singletrack pants. The Enduras still seem kinda baggy.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 0:10 Quote
riish wrote:
Damn. I live just below the Arctic circle line in Sweden, so XC skiing is absolutely huge here, and most large sporting stores will have a huge range of gear.

It’s quite fun, in addition to all the ski tracks in the forest, the ocean freezes over around this time of year so one can ski or ice-skate out to small islands from the city harbour.

Tell me more about the ice skating opportunities.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 1:33 Quote
Circe wrote:
riish wrote:

Tell me more about the ice skating opportunities.

The sea ice freezes quite some metres thick, and ‘roads’ are maintained out to the islands where they clear the snow off the ice. One of them is pedestrian-only and runs from the north harbour to the south, very common to see people skating along that, or taking a longer trip out to an island.
All the lakes and river systems freeze really thick too, so it’s quite common to see people playing ice hockey on them or skating around.

If you look up långfärdsskridskor on Instagram you’ll see what I mean.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.050297
Mobile Version of Website