Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
pssssh if you're not factoring in sock weight and length you're blowing it

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
I factor in how squishy or not squishy they feel.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 17:51 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:

I'm sure that works for you. I have a lot more riding on my psi recommendations for customers.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 18:07 Quote
seraph wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

I'm sure that works for you. I have a lot more riding on my psi recommendations for customers.

Is having a customer have to put in/take our air from a tyre a big deal?

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
It is if they're spending high four or five figures on a bicycle.

Generally people who buy that nice of a bike want the bike to be almost perfect from the start. Sure a customer meat have to adjust air pressure down the road, but if they wheel their bike home and have a front tire at 24 and a rear at 32 because they were just pumped up to what feels about right on the squeeze test then it definitely shows a lack of attention to detail.

I am always careful to ask for tire pressure/suspension preferences to try and get it as close as possible.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 18:31 Quote
Dude, is Carbon Wasp your company? Because if so congrats on making a reasonably priced production carbon frame in the UK.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
25psi is probably a good place to start anyone on tire pressure go up and down as needed would be my advise. If they are experienced riders they should know what their preferred tire pressure is.

I have a pump with a gauge and I use it for my tires and I have no idea if it is accurate to what the dial says compared to a set standard but if I pump it up to the same number it has the feel I like.

Unless you are selling them a pump or gauge to check their air pressure their pump at home is going to vary by a few psi compared to yours anyways.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 22:08 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
It is if they're spending high four or five figures on a bicycle.

Generally people who buy that nice of a bike want the bike to be almost perfect from the start. Sure a customer meat have to adjust air pressure down the road, but if they wheel their bike home and have a front tire at 24 and a rear at 32 because they were just pumped up to what feels about right on the squeeze test then it definitely shows a lack of attention to detail.

I am always careful to ask for tire pressure/suspension preferences to try and get it as close as possible.

This. My last custom MTB build for a customer was $10k.

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 2:20 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Dude, is Carbon Wasp your company? Because if so congrats on making a reasonably priced production carbon frame in the UK.

No, I just asked them to make the cranks, they thought it was a good idea, so have put them into production.

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
I'm after some bib shorts with pockets. I know of Specialized swat and assos trail but are there any others?

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 5:40 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
I'm after some bib shorts with pockets. I know of Specialized swat and assos trail but are there any others?

Sombrio Smuggle bib, Also, Rapha makes one too but the pockets are on the sides of the leg, and $300

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
A bibshort for $300? Lol..

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:

Sportful Supergiara or Pedaled Odyssey. I have the Sportful ones and my only complaint is that the braces are too short for my long torso. Pedaled is what I'm getting next.

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:

7mesh. Expensive but v good

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
Cheers guys I'll have a look at them options

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021933
Mobile Version of Website