Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
R-M-R. Every other post you're advising people to use round spokes vs bladed ones. Doing God's work Beer .

Morewhitenoise have you considered Berd spokes. That's what my next wheelset will be using... Admittedly on Phil hubs so obvs not for the performance gains. Berd will build wheels with whatever hubs and rims you want for around 600 dollars including the spokes. Worth looking into though I don't know about cost for across the pond.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 19:02 Quote
fredro wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
fredro wrote:
Love these cranks, now I have them on both bikes! Ditching the noodly Sram xx1 cranks.

Damnit I wish I went to dentistry school with you. very jelly. I can't stop thinking about them and will have to put them on my build next year. build was planned for this year, but I was reminded that soon it'll be our 10th wedding anniversary.

Lol dentistry school.

These things are ridiculously light and just flat out gorgeous. One of my favorite parts on the bike.
They are definitely a work of machined art

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 19:54 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
R-M-R. Every other post you're advising people to use round spokes vs bladed ones. Doing God's work Beer .

Morewhitenoise have you considered Berd spokes. That's what my next wheelset will be using... Admittedly on Phil hubs so obvs not for the performance gains. Berd will build wheels with whatever hubs and rims you want for around 600 dollars including the spokes. Worth looking into though I don't know about cost for across the pond.

I agree with Berd, and with 240’s on LB rims. Mine are Extralite, Berd and LB. Light and durable.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
hmstuna wrote:

I'd like to know what Sapim did to make the CX-Ray everyone's default choice for lighter builds.

hmstuna wrote:
Berd

Thank you for completing the other half of my usual spoke suggestion. Beer

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
I would advise against the 54t ratchet upgrade on the 240s if you put out a bit of pedal power though.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
Shame DT swiss can't figure out how to make a hub that engages reliably with more POI than a Shimano hub....

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 23:15 Quote
I've never understood why people like DT hubs so much. Literally the only thing they are good at is being light. There are other light hubs out there.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
riish wrote:
I would advise against the 54t ratchet upgrade on the 240s if you put out a bit of pedal power though.
Why? I had a 54t in some 350's and never had any issues.. granted I only had them for about 500 miles but didn't have any drama at all. The 36t in my 180's has been flawless over the last 3500 or so miles as well.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 23:59 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
I'd like to know what Sapim did to make the CX-Ray everyone's default choice for lighter builds.

For road, Aerolites are my default for lighter builds. For MTB I go with Comp Race for budget or Revolution for full pimp.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Shame DT swiss can't figure out how to make a hub that engages reliably with more POI than a Shimano hub....

Star Ratchet hubs are super reliable. The 350 is the workhorse of the hub world and I would choose it over literally any Shimano hub.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 0:15 Quote
Just over here, with my ten year old Hadley hubs. NBD.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
I have never had issues with 54t ratchets. Just don't use thick grease and they are fine. Fedro justifying his Eewings by sayin XX1 cranks are noodly is pretty damn funny. Not sure I have ever heard a single person say notice flex in carbon xo or xx1 cranks. I sure do not.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
riish wrote:
Why? I had a 54t in some 350's and never had any issues.. granted I only had them for about 500 miles but didn't have any drama at all. The 36t in my 180's has been flawless over the last 3500 or so miles as well.

I know a few riding buddies who damaged the teeth pretty quickly. I have the e-bike 24t version in my 240s at the moment which seems to be holding up okay. The 18t I had before that got worse and worse slip until it was unusable.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
Circe wrote:
Just over here, with my ten year old Hadley hubs. NBD.

wonder why they fell out of popular opinion? always a solid choice

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
I have never had issues with 54t ratchets. Just don't use thick grease and they are fine. Fedro justifying his Eewings by sayin XX1 cranks are noodly is pretty damn funny. Not sure I have ever heard a single person say notice flex in carbon xo or xx1 cranks. I sure do not.

Gxp? Sure. Dub era has been great. I can feel no difference between my eewings and my partners xx1.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019286
Mobile Version of Website