Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
Goodridge line upgrade should be done to whatever brakes you buy imo. Makes a big difference from a flex standpoint.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
Goodridge line upgrade should be done to whatever brakes you buy imo. Makes a big difference from a flex standpoint.

Are there any reviews of those, always saw these things selling in shops but never saw reviews

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 17:49 Quote
Also they don’t work with quite a few internal routing

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 18:27 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Also they don’t work with quite a few internal routing

You can buy the uncoated one which has a normal outer diameter.

I have only personal and friends experience, but it improves the feel of every brake I have tried - including dominions.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
Are Goodridge still making MTB hose parts? A quick skim of their website isn't showing up much/anything.

I used to put the hoses an all my brakes from about 2005-2010 but then stock hoses seemed to start getting good enough for my usage.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
They're quite challenging to find. All on one really hard to get to part of the British website. But they do still make them.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 23:20 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Magura has way to much plastic for me. Last set I bled had plastic bleed port bolts. Eww.

Interesting position on carbon fiber reinforced plastic lever bodies for a guy on a carbon fiber reinforced plastic frame with carbon fiber reinforced plastic rims Wink

Yeah, those port screws are lame. I get their purpose, as a weak link that's intended to fail before stripping the lever body, but maybe they're a little too weak.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Magura has way to much plastic for me. Last set I bled had plastic bleed port bolts. Eww.

Interesting position on carbon fiber reinforced plastic lever bodies for a guy on a carbon fiber reinforced plastic frame with carbon fiber reinforced plastic rims Wink

Yeah, those port screws are lame. I get their purpose, as a weak link that's intended to fail before stripping the lever body, but maybe they're a little too weak.

Levers are one of the first things to break in a wreck.also how much carbon is in that plastic? I bet their marketing team knows.

Mod Plus
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Circe wrote:


Magura has a complicated bleed procedure and need to be bleed frequently compared to others

Is the MT7 different than the MT5 in that regard? I’ve been running the MT5 for a couple seasons now and haven’t noticed any issues bleeding them, which included cutting the housing to run through my new frame this year. Maybe I’ve just been lucky?

i haven't had any issues bleeding with my mt7 for 2 years either

mine were nothing but a pain frankly, constant attention and variable performance. Magura sent me a replacement set, I think it was simply machining error on an early set of racelines. I'll be moving back to xtr or trickstuff depending on what I can hide from my wife.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
You mean depending on how long the wait is.

Has anyone ridden the Non-Servo Saint setup? Sometimes I think itd be fun to see what thats all about, but apparently even the pros who used to ride it have gone to straight XTR or XT 4-pots.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
PHeller wrote:
You mean depending on how long the wait is.

Has anyone ridden the Non-Servo Saint setup? Sometimes I think itd be fun to see what thats all about, but apparently even the pros who used to ride it have gone to straight XTR or XT 4-pots.

Them new xtr 4 pots with Shimano metal pads are TITS.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
This e-MTB test was interesting. 25 bikes. EVERY Magura brake had to be bled. Excerpt:

EMTBs require a lot of maintenance – these are the repairs and servicing we had to do during our testing

7 out of 7 MAGURA brakes had to be bled at least (!) once. For Shimano, it was 1 of 12 and for SRAM 1 of 6.
Numerous pivot bolts and loose disc rotor bolts had to be tightened and thread locked.
Several creaking stems resulted in unpleasant noises.
One dropper post service and one fork service were unavoidable to maintain performance during the test.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Levers are one of the first things to break in a wreck.also how much carbon is in that plastic? I bet their marketing team knows.

That's true. The ultimate metric would be the failure rate. If they're breaking at a high rate in the wild, it's a weak design; if not, it's fine. Many people complain about them being "plastic", but I don't read many reports of breakage. Unsure whether this is absence of evidence or evidence of absence.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
For sure it is a look and feel thing for me really.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
nubbs wrote:
PHeller wrote:
You mean depending on how long the wait is.

Has anyone ridden the Non-Servo Saint setup? Sometimes I think itd be fun to see what thats all about, but apparently even the pros who used to ride it have gone to straight XTR or XT 4-pots.

Them new xtr 4 pots with Shimano metal pads are TITS.

You aren't having issues with inconsistent bite point?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019622
Mobile Version of Website