Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
Just fitted my dominions and wow! All brakes need the crosshairs aligner bolt jobbies. I’ve never been able to get 4 pot brakes to not rub slightly which has never bothered me but with these my wheels spin like the callipers are removed!
There is quite a lot of lever throw until the bite point which is slightly disappointing as they say they designed it to have the smallest throw but it’s such a light action I don’t think it will matter to me. Can’t wait to bed the pads in properly and try them out. Hopefully they’re powerful enough

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Just fitted my dominions and wow! All brakes need the crosshairs aligner bolt jobbies. I’ve never been able to get 4 pot brakes to not rub slightly which has never bothered me but with these my wheels spin like the callipers are removed!
There is quite a lot of lever throw until the bite point which is slightly disappointing as they say they designed it to have the smallest throw but it’s such a light action I don’t think it will matter to me. Can’t wait to bed the pads in properly and try them out. Hopefully they’re powerful enough

They better be good for that $$$

Stoked you like them though, other companies might take some pointers and adopt some good features

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
How often do you check your air pressure in your shock? I hadn't monitored mine in a while but noticed I was bottoming out frequently. My MY22 Fox X2 had lost a surprising amount of air.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
Circe wrote:
How often do you check your air pressure in your shock? I hadn't monitored mine in a while but noticed I was bottoming out frequently. My MY22 Fox X2 had lost a surprising amount of air.

Not very often unless it feels off. Occasionally it can drop quite a lot

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
True in Life: You can burb an air shock if you have enough side load. Not sure if that's what happened to my bike.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
Once a month check shock and fork pressure. Set a calendar date sometimes to remember...

My float x2 does loose air overtime. I keep checking my dhx2 and it hasn't lost even 1 psi since I got it. Weird.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Once a month check shock and fork pressure. Set a calendar date sometimes to remember...

My float x2 does loose air overtime. I keep checking my dhx2 and it hasn't lost even 1 psi since I got it. Weird.

odd that a coil shock wouldn't loose pressure Rolleyes

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 17:13 Quote
The expansion bladder of the DVO Topaz leaks badly, such that we had to top them up every one to three weeks. I've heard it's been improved slightly.

Air springs usually hold air well. I've had some that essentially never needed topping up, and some that needed it maybe once or twice per year (keeping in mind the riding "year" here is five to seven months). I'm sure sure need it more often, which would indicate a minor problem, such as a mildly damaged seal.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 22:57 Quote
Jumped my hardtail off the curb the other day.. Definitely has not lost any stiffness in the rear of it.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Jumped my hardtail off the curb the other day.. Definitely has not lost any stiffness in the rear of it.

That’s just your knees getting older

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 2:30 Quote
I do love my Slayer, what I don't like is the bearing bushing setup that's an utter arse t remove to change the spring. Also the absolutely gash seal in the DHX2 that keeps deciding to give up the ghost. I am so tempted to pull the pin on this years model, be broke and on bread and water for the rest of the year.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
Pagin R-M-R, paging R-M-R.

https://www.renehersecycles.com/why-narrow-tires-feel-faster/

Do you know of any actual data to back this up?

For anyone that doesn't want to click to read.

bigquotesHigher speed = higher frequency vibration

If you change something on your bike to make it vibrate at higher frequency, you’ll also feel faster – without actually going faster:

More vibration = more sensation of speed

That is what narrow tires do. They are inflated to a higher pressure, so they transmit more small road irregularities. This means that they vibrate at higher frequencies than wider tires. And so narrow tires feel faster.

I know wider tires have been proven to be faster, any data on the human side of "feeling of speed"?

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
In my previous life playing with helicopters, higher frequency vibratuons usually meant more power was being applied which often meant more speed. Didn't necessarily mean you were moving faster though.

Dunno if the same is said for bicycles.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
It makes sense since more vibration is transferred to the rider and causes you to fatigue faster with higher PSI. You are deadening the feeling of the vibrations with lower pressure kind of like XC bike in rough terrain vs a DH bike. On a DH bike you are going to feel like your are traveling slower as you are not feeling the every bump in the trail and it allows your brain to focus on the larger obstacles.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Damn, I was thinking that Specialized was flexing the money guns. YT just dropped a 22 minute film for their new bike launch....with a verified Bond Villain to boot. This is getting over the top.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.076035
Mobile Version of Website