Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Here's a fun one I found on my local facebook MTB classifieds.

photo

You should ask him it's boost and takes v-brakes lol

O+
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 18:22 Quote

I always enjoy Greg's videos! Love me some cheap suspensions.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 21:59 Quote
Yeah found him on YouTube his videos are excellent.

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
Gotta unlace my wheels and install some new parts. Been waiting months, but hey, worth.

photo

Gunna be so obnoxious. Fab

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
Curious is to how people are getting along with sram carbon cranks these days? Got a new bike coming with XX1 cranks, and I'm not particular soft on parts. I've been on alloy cranks for the past few seasons and they end up looking like someone tied them to back of a truck and dragged them down the highway.

Am I going to die?

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
Run booties. Good to go.

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
Who has the best method for removing shock hardware without destroying it? My DB Inline Coil came early and I need to swap it into the Top Fuel, so I need the hardware from the Fox shock. Cane Creek guy said their eyelets are roughly the same width so it should be a straight swap.

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Gotta unlace my wheels and install some new parts. Been waiting months, but hey, worth.

photo

I'm currently wetter than an otters pocket looking at the shiny goodness.

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Yeah found him on YouTube his videos are excellent.

The next video that auto-played after that was a Berm Peak one where he fits a set of similar forks to a hardtail. lol

O+
Posted: May 21, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
Buy press pieces or pay for a shop to swap hardware? With the right tools it’s a 10 minute job.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Sockets and vice are the cheap and dirty although it can be a pain to hold everything straight. I have even done it with a C-clamp but that was a real pain if you don't have someone to assist.

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
seraph wrote:
Who has the best method for removing shock hardware without destroying it? My DB Inline Coil came early and I need to swap it into the Top Fuel, so I need the hardware from the Fox shock. Cane Creek guy said their eyelets are roughly the same width so it should be a straight swap.

I used wd40 before freezer and put it in freezer for 30 mins, after that i used a 8 mm allen and a mallet and tap it out for changing my monarch hardware to dbair

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
sherbet wrote:
*Largephoto*

I'm currently wetter than an otters pocket looking at the shiny goodness.

Honestly never heard that one, but damn, thanks man! Less than three!

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
I use the abbey tools one he did with rockshox. Works for what I need.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Run booties. Good to go.

Also get a roll of the PU "heli tape" and wrap the arms to protect them from chipping.

There are no stock options for complete coverage of the arms (the all just really protect the cranks from shoe rub, not the edges that face down) but if you get the tape wide enough you can wrap the edges and even the complex curves where it meets the spindle. I use a combo of a heat gun (or hair drier) to get the material to stretch around the curves then throw it in the freezer to quickly set the shape so you're not just leaving it up to the adhesive to hold the shape in position while the PU material cools. Then you just cut of the excess on the backside since it's a "b-side" that doesn't have to look as pretty.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.058751
Mobile Version of Website