Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 15:27 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Circe wrote:

Yes, only the first run of the XTR was supposed to ship without it. It doesn't help.

Well shit!

Ive got it on mine and it’s creak central. Maybe they need more shims!

I have the plastic spacer on.

Still makes a ton of noise.

Sram next bike for sure lolz

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:
The only thing that bothers me is each one uses a different tool and the tools are £20 each.
i'll use it...once...?

I had RF cinch, now im using shimano direct mount and got to buy some other useless trinket to fill my toolbox.

also when did chainrings cost £50? what did i miss??!

You talking about BB tools or Directmount rings?

the direct mount tools.
i've had the shimano BB tools since forever and most of my buds will have the other variants if i need them, the DM tools just seem a bit expensive.

another moan, i got sent a PF42mm BB instead of a PF41mm BB today. Why is there 1mm difference in shell size FFS??!

so so so so so stupid.

Because there are soooooooooooooooooo many different kinds of BB shells. Usually a shell isn't just a larger diameter, they tend to be different widths as well. BSA, Italian, T47, BB30, PF30, BB386 EVO, BB90, BB86.5/90, BSA DH, BBRight, BB30A, PF30A... the list goes on I'm sure.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
nubbs wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

Well shit!

Ive got it on mine and it’s creak central. Maybe they need more shims!

I have the plastic spacer on.

Still makes a ton of noise.

Sram next bike for sure lolz

I had shimano send me a few. Figured it was worth wasting their time and money even if it does not work! Not stoked!

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 2:27 Quote
seraph wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

You talking about BB tools or Directmount rings?

the direct mount tools.
i've had the shimano BB tools since forever and most of my buds will have the other variants if i need them, the DM tools just seem a bit expensive.

another moan, i got sent a PF42mm BB instead of a PF41mm BB today. Why is there 1mm difference in shell size FFS??!

so so so so so stupid.

Because there are soooooooooooooooooo many different kinds of BB shells. Usually a shell isn't just a larger diameter, they tend to be different widths as well. BSA, Italian, T47, BB30, PF30, BB386 EVO, BB90, BB86.5/90, BSA DH, BBRight, BB30A, PF30A... the list goes on I'm sure.

This is why sram need to make a universal standard like the udh, or maybe everyone just agrees t47 is superior to everything

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
But they made DUB instead....

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
But they made DUB instead....
I mean, that was about all they could do.

At least they came up with a standard that guarantees your cranks can fit in any frame.

Have people already forgotten that they used to make BB standard specific cranks? It was a nightmare.

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 2:55 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
seraph wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:

the direct mount tools.

so so so so so stupid.

This is why sram need to make a universal standard like the udh, or maybe everyone just agrees t47 is superior to everything

So I actually opened the box my cranks came in and there is a direct mount chain ring tool included. Good one shimano! Saved me buying one, I take back my complaint.

I get that there's different shell widths but if the axle is the same diameter and the cups are the same thickness you shouldn't need a different cup ID. After some quick searching 41mm is BB92/89 PF standard and the 42mm cups are unique to specialized? Wtf is that about. Found a replacement in my lbs so should be able to finish the build today.

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 3:32 Quote
Shimano includes the tool, raceface uses a very common old tool, and SRAM just uses torx bolts. Those are acceptable solutions imo, every other brand can get f*cked.

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 3:56 Quote
Had to remove the spider off some Rotor 2inpower cranks recently. They use a standard external bb interface. The catch? The spindle isn't removable. Facepalm

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
Coof build 21 finished (for now)

5 months faster than waiting for a complete, budget out the window

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
Coof build 21 finished (for now)

5 months faster than waiting for a complete, budget out the window

Yeah my budget went from 0 to 60 pretty quick as I started to near the end of the build list.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 2:31 Quote
Bike is great though, pretty stoked on how it rides.
just need some tyre inserts and cranks to arrive then its done.

also need to weigh it, but its pretty light!

One thing im not stoked on is the bike yoke has gone spongey on the first ride. I loose a good inch or 2 when sitting on it. I will bleed it, but hoping it doesnt happen after every ride!

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
Good news, Bike Yoke bleed takes about ten seconds and can be done anywhere. I think it’s a 4mm at the head of the post. Twist, cycle post through travel a few times, and done. Bike Yoke has a video on the procedure.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:

One thing im not stoked on is the bike yoke has gone spongey on the first ride. I loose a good inch or 2 when sitting on it. I will bleed it, but hoping it doesnt happen after every ride!

Divine or Revive? Divine, cycle the post fully up and down a few times and it’s bled. Revive, following the procedure above and sponginess will be gone.

Have had two Bike Yoke droppers now and they are my fave.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:

Divine or Revive? Divine, cycle the post fully up and down a few times and it’s bled. Revive, following the procedure above and sponginess will be gone.

Have had two Bike Yoke droppers now and they are my fave.

How do you find the Divine compares to the Revive?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020977
Mobile Version of Website