Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
Has anyone actually ridden the new Status 160?

I'm kinda tempted to grab one and sell my Capra 29. I'm sick of not having a water bottle on my and it turns like a pig.

(Relevant to weight game because it's full aluminum and therefore must be heavy lol )

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I gave up running glasses long ago with a small fender I don't usually get much mud in my eyes and in the summer changing light really messes with my vision. Might just be me but they are more trouble than they are worth.

I use riding glasses more for wind protection than anything else. Keeps my eyes from watering up on the descents so I can keep at pace and still see.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 17:58 Quote
Nobble wrote:

I'm kinda tempted to grab one and sell my Capra 29. I'm sick of not having a water bottle on my and it turns like a pig.

(Relevant to weight game because it's full aluminum and therefore must be heavy lol )

All i hear is it's a pig to climb and shock tune doesn't fit the frame kinematics, other than that it shares a lot of tubing with old x wing therefore it's robust

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Nobble wrote:

All i hear is it's a pig to climb and shock tune doesn't fit the frame kinematics, other than that it shares a lot of tubing with old x wing therefore it's robust

I’ve heard this as well. I think it’s the same swingarm as the old bike?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 21:26 Quote
Circe wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
Nobble wrote:

I’ve heard this as well. I think it’s the same swingarm as the old bike?

Correct, rear end is from a few year old enduro.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 21:52 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Nobble wrote:

well that's not what I was hoping to hear lol

I had the first gen of 27.5 Enduro and liked it, but the suspension was not progressive enough. I was hoping it would be like my old Enduro but more progressive. I haven't been able to find a leverage curve plot.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
I just wanted a status as a dedicated Park bike. My last alloy SJ Evo litterally never did any climbing and was a sweet park bike except they never made the alloy Evos in a XL size.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
according to MTBR the leverage curve shouldnt be bad.

Approximate Status curve:

my 2015 Enduro curve:

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
Right, I got some tannus tubeless armour inserts.

How the f*ck am I supposed to get these things on?

Any tips? Am I being retarded or are they really that difficult?

I have snapped 2 levers already and have carbon rims so trying not to ruin my wheels or my tyre bead!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:

I have snapped 2 levers already and have carbon rims so trying not to ruin my wheels or my tyre bead!

Have you watched this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keX8nlc_b8o

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
I did mine by hand on 2.3 Minion DHFs. Tight, but not too hard. Bead the one side, install the insert, then start beading the other side. You'll have to pinch it in as you go around to make sure the insert isn't pushing the tire against the rim wall. It's some wiggling around for sure, but really isn't bad once you get a technique going.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:

Have you watched this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keX8nlc_b8o
I have and the guy looks like he's installing paper thin XC tyres they go on so easily.

I am really struggling with MM Super trail and HD super gravity folding.
its impossible and i really feel lije im going to break my nuckles, the rims or the bead on the tyre!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:

I have found the simple trick of putting the wheel on a garbage can, like shown below makes a pretty big difference.

Pic stolen from https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/how-to-cush-core-install-and-removal

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:

I have found the simple trick of putting the wheel on a garbage can, like shown below makes a pretty big difference.

Pic stolen from https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/how-to-cush-core-install-and-removal

This is a fantastic idea. only issue is our garbage cans are square lol

ill see if i can get something to support the wheel, otherwise its to my LBS in the morning!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
Really dumb question, but are your rims asymmetric?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018996
Mobile Version of Website