Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
Somebody tell that guy that the bike rack doesn't need to be that tight on the front wheel lol

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Honestly, I9 quality overall is pretty mediocre now... back when they were a small boutique brand they were solid but as they've grown they've really let things slide.

Indeed. Now that there is a ton more of their products in the wild its different.

Anyone else broken a rear hydra axle yet?....

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 19:26 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Somebody tell that guy that the bike rack doesn't need to be that tight on the front wheel lol

lol lol

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
Getting real tired of everyone making bottles comments about Richie.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
PHeller wrote:

New to PB? This place loves dead memes. People still posting the same tired, unfunny puns under every article. The bottle comments are going to be here a while.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
PHeller wrote:

New to PB? This place loves dead memes. People still posting the same tired, unfunny puns under every article. The bottle comments are going to be here a while.

Remember the time Circe got jumped on for saying "looks like a session"? PB is fickle, and honestly, pretty f*cking stupid most of the time. Literally any time Sram posts something, there's a thousand Shimano shills on the front page going ham at them. New bike release? Well I can't afford it, so I hate it! I know I ride an 8 year old bike and am not buying any bike regardless of price, but my opinion is the most important. The f*cking bad pun chains.

Saw a comment today on the RSL bars that "nobody wants integration." The comment he intended to make was "I don't want integration." I sell more Hixons than Sixc/NextR. People on this site, and very especially the main page, do not understand that their opinion is just that, opinion, not fact.

"Man those pedals I had no intention of buying are out of my price range! Why don't they cater to me!"

The forums are fun though. I feel like we're properly cultured shitposters here.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
So true ^^^

Pinkbike is a very small slice of the larger mountain biking demographic and, all too often, the bottom of the barrel in worthless opinions loudly voiced.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
Reddit is VASTLY worse. It's actually insane how stupid people on /r/bikewrench are. "Hey I drilled a wood screw in my carbon frame, could that have caused the frame to crack?"

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Reddit is VASTLY worse. It's actually insane how stupid people on /r/bikewrench are. "Hey I drilled a wood screw in my carbon frame, could that have caused the frame to crack?"
There are some incredibly intelligent and interesting posts on Reddit, but the overwhelmingly majority are astoundingly stupid. Much of the site (like Pinkbike) is a cringeworthy circle jerk recycling old memes that weren't funny the first time Dead Horse .

badbadleroybrown wrote:
Pinkbike is a very small slice of the larger mountain biking demographic and, all too often, the bottom of the barrel in worthless opinions loudly voiced.
It's easy to get caught up in the Pinkbike echo chamber and forget that we are a drop in the bucket. I am continuously surprised by how little reality on the trails and in the shops reflects PB.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:

LMFAO, that sounds like the FB owners groups I lurk in. I am stunned at how mechanically incompetent some people are who work on their own bikes. This is why I try to stick to buying new now. lol.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
I can't post my Libre on the main cycling sub, I just get so much hate for no reason. Everyone's a hater.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
Bottle comments must have been deleted as I didn't see any up there.....it is still slightly relevant as I think this is the first time he has raced in the EWS since his suspension was lifted.

Fanboys going to to fanboy and slam everything and anything that is not what they like or use it's like that with anything. Most people have trouble being objective especially when purchasing decisions are involved.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 11:58 Quote
/r/bikewrench is terrible. I'm often baffled by some of the stuff "pros" post. Like, who's giving you money for that work?

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Bottle comments must have been deleted as I didn't see any up there.....it is still slightly relevant as I think this is the first time he has raced in the EWS since his suspension was lifted.

Nope. He was suspended late 2018 until early 2019. Upon return in 2019, he podiumed most of the EWS events he raced until September 2019, and didn't race most of 2020 until later in the year.

It's been well over 3 years since he tested positive.

I think people are just pissed because Richie is quiet, American, and the assumption is that his success is due to cheating.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
I don't think anyone is pissed other than you dude. Some take shots because it's an easy one.

Most people who have been branded as dopers will have that stigma the rest of their career justified or not. Also it's not like doping in cycling is really a crazy idea everyone is pushing boundaries and seeing what they can get away with. How long did lance get away with it for...not saying it is the same but I am always skeptical.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.070921
Mobile Version of Website