Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
PF BBs should be a pro (at least if done proper which Scott probably will).

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
hmstuna wrote:

I have zero issues with PF BBs and it makes no difference to me what a frame uses, but I get why some people don’t like them in theory. With that said, I usually don’t agree with how much weight those people give the issue- If anything it’s a mild gripe, not a deal breaker.

The seat tube thing is meh, I didn’t think they were that long but I could see some people wanting more drop. Not bad for the frames intended purpose though.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
I don't mind PF BB's, the times I've had them I haven't had any issues and with companies like BB Infinite doing the thread together ones, they're honestly better than a lot of threaded bottom brackets.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
I threw a wheels mfr threaded one in my 5.5 and love it

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
Most people can only do extremely limited mechanic work themselves and they like and trust a threaded BB. A PF is some kind of dark magic that requires unknown tools

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
Which I always found funny as hell, as even the smoothbrain bmx children can figure it out.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
I think we lost RMR.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I think we lost RMR.

Got tired of giving out free advice? lol

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
PHeller wrote:
I think we lost RMR.

Or just being a wuss..

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
hmstuna wrote:

I have zero issues with PF BBs and it makes no difference to me what a frame uses, but I get why some people don’t like them in theory. With that said, I usually don’t agree with how much weight those people give the issue- If anything it’s a mild gripe, not a deal breaker.

The seat tube thing is meh, I didn’t think they were that long but I could see some people wanting more drop. Not bad for the frames intended purpose though.
The seat tube is the real deal breaker for me as I would only be able to get 150mm drop at most. Now that I have tried 170 and 180mm drop, I can't go back.

PF bb is a lesser issue - I know they are fine or even superior in theory, but both of the ones I had creaked. Constant wet weather riding in Vancouver seemed to eat them up. Sure, you can go splash $230 on a BBInfinite setup that I'm sure works very well, but I would rather go get another Shimano BSA bb for $30 and be able to quickly/easily install it myself with the tool I already have that also works on my Centerlock rotors. It's just a convenience thing.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
PHeller wrote:
I think we lost RMR.

Or just being a wuss..

Seems like he may have gotten butt hurt when he was called out for saying weight or lack of didn’t really matter or make a noticeable difference.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Or just being a wuss..

Seems like he may have gotten butt hurt when he was called out for saying weight or lack of didn’t really matter or make a noticeable difference.

That's happened many times. Maybe he's tired of it

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 9:20 Quote
People do have lives outside of pb Book

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
I choose to not believe that

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
People do have lives outside of pb Book

I get to claim that I use Pinkbike as "research" because I work in the bike industry. It's kinda funny.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019579
Mobile Version of Website