Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
That’s why I like the assguy up front and then I don’t mind if the back gets a bit drifty.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
seraph wrote:

Why wait?

So you can save 0.5kg

I actually just got done reading an article about that new Formula fork here-> https://bikerumor.com/2021/06/17/prototype-formula-selva-xl-180mm-double-crown-fork-lighter-than-enduro-single-crowns/

It's about the same weight if not lighter than both the Zeb and 38. Pretty impressive and I think this is something we are going to start seeing more of in the near future.

Man they need a guy with less horrible form for press photos. Not to mention to 70's style glasses with the fullface.

If you're fast enough to warrant a DC on an enduro bike, you probably don't look like that when you ride

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
tom666 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

So you can save 0.5kg

I actually just got done reading an article about that new Formula fork here-> https://bikerumor.com/2021/06/17/prototype-formula-selva-xl-180mm-double-crown-fork-lighter-than-enduro-single-crowns/

It's about the same weight if not lighter than both the Zeb and 38. Pretty impressive and I think this is something we are going to start seeing more of in the near future.

Man they need a guy with less horrible form for press photos. Not to mention to 70's style glasses with the fullface.

If you're fast enough to warrant a DC on an enduro bike, you probably don't look like that when you ride

I'm barely fast enough to warrant my 36s..lol

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 15:24 Quote
Weight might also dictate a dual crown, regardless of speed, however that guy is definitely string bean territory.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
When I put Totem stickers on my Zeb it definitely made the fork stiffer.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:07 Quote
What would you say is the increase percentage? And can you provide charts and graphs to back your findings. Please be specific.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
I actually like the glasses... Just not with the full face.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 19:32 Quote
fredro wrote:
What would you say is the increase percentage? And can you provide charts and graphs to back your findings. Please be specific.

At the very least a 69% increase

No charts can be published at this time

Installed Totem Solo with a Lyrik Charger 2.1 RC2 damper. Running a 650b wheel.
Totem love

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 23:43 Quote
tom666 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

So you can save 0.5kg

I'd want one for park. I dont race on my enduro bike but I cant afford to keep a full dh bike

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 4:14 Quote
seraph wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:

I'm considering going the Nino/Kate route and running a Blip Box with a single wired Blip on the left side for a clean(er) dropper setup. I have also looked at the Zirbel twist controllers.
I like the twisters, but you still have to run an external blip box with those right?

Yeah, but you can either tuck it inside the frame (sometimes) or strap it underneath the stem (assuming your stem is long enough). It's not a perfect system but I think it has potential.

Hi. You can put the Blipbox inside some stems. I managed to tuck mine inside an Intend Grace Trail stem, after some sanding and readjusting.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
seraph wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

I like the twisters, but you still have to run an external blip box with those right?

Yeah, but you can either tuck it inside the frame (sometimes) or strap it underneath the stem (assuming your stem is long enough). It's not a perfect system but I think it has potential.

Hi. You can put the Blipbox inside some stems. I managed to tuck mine inside an Intend Grace Trail stem, after some sanding and readjusting.

I don't think the box will fit inside my Enve alloy stem. I don't mind it being external as long as it's secure. I could also try to tuck it inside the frame, though that might require some creative routing to get it out and to the grip cleanly.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
seraph wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
seraph wrote:

I don't think the box will fit inside my Enve alloy stem. I don't mind it being external as long as it's secure. I could also try to tuck it inside the frame, though that might require some creative routing to get it out and to the grip cleanly.
If the stem is shorter than 65mm, it won't fit.
With some 80mm stems, it fits OK, but I didn't want mine that long. So....I had to reduce the size of the Blipbox.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
seraph wrote:
Bitelio wrote:

With some 80mm stems, it fits OK, but I didn't want mine that long. So....I had to reduce the size of the Blipbox.

Yeah my stem is 35mm long. Definitely won't fit. But if I pull the shell off maybe I can jam the internals in there.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
seraph wrote:

Yeah my stem is 35mm long. Definitely won't fit. But if I pull the shell off maybe I can jam the internals in there.
Mmmmm.....very tight. 35mm minus the steerer tube and handlebar's radiuses doesn't let much free space lengthwise. You could try and embed the cable terminals insode the handlebars (as I did), but even without the plastic box, you'll need at least a 50mm long stem.
The PCB is 25mm long. Plus the battery, which is quite big.
I think I have a picture of the blipbox internals somewhere....

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 1:16 Quote
Maybe do the Dangerholm route and run them inside the end of your bar?

You should be able to thread the cable back underneath the grip so you don't have to put a hole in your bars?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034513
Mobile Version of Website