Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 1:28 Quote
radatabs wrote:
Maybe do the Dangerholm route and run them inside the end of your bar?

You should be able to thread the cable back underneath the grip so you don't have to put a hole in your bars?
The Blipbox PCB is too wide for handlebars.
I've seen guys dismantling the shifters for the seatpost and derailleur and tucking them inside the bars, but not all bars are wide enough.
The cables can run under the grips, as long as they are not lock-on grips. I run mine under some ESI grips and it's ok.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
May be in the Vernon/Big White area in late August. Any homies going to be out that way?

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
sherbet wrote:
May be in the Vernon/Big White area in late August. Any homies going to be out that way?

Nah I'll be in Reno hitting the tables then sorry dude

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
sherbet wrote:

I’m just in Kamloops so Vernon is pretty close. Shoot me a PM when you’re out and I’ll pop out if I’m in town! Happy to guide you in Kamloops if you end up down this way as well.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
Alright y'all

Anyone got experience with the race face carbon wheels? Next R? How are the vault hubs?

Asking for a friend

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Alright y'all

Anyone got experience with the race face carbon wheels? Next R? How are the vault hubs?

Asking for a friend

Big flanges, fairly heavy, decent freehub design. Not my favorite hub but not my least favorite.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Alright y'all

Asking for a friend

I used the Vault hubs on the Turbine R wheels several years ago. Great idea and engagement, but I disbonded several sets of them. Switched to I9 on We Are One and haven’t had a single issue. I believe the Vault hub has been updated to fix the issue I had but cannot confirm for sure.

Why wouldn’t your friend (or you) just get WAO if they’re looking for a carbon rim w/domestic support?

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
Any of Y'all familiar with the Kingdom trails out in Vermont? Heading there for a bachelor party at the end of July.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
A couple buddies on vault hubs and they would pop and crack after a few months of use. No failures in the year they owned them but don’t know if they would stand up long term.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Any of Y'all familiar with the Kingdom trails out in Vermont? Heading there for a bachelor party at the end of July.

Kingdom has some great riding! Be prepared to climb. But you shall be greatly rewarded.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
WTF is going on with the world? All I need is a cheap hydraulic rear disc brake and these things are sold out everywhere. QBP? Nada. Jenson? Nope. Competitive? bahaha.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
Circe wrote:
WTF is going on with the world? All I need is a cheap hydraulic rear disc brake and these things are sold out everywhere. QBP? Nada. Jenson? Nope. Competitive? bahaha.

Start raiding friends parts bins.. The shop has called me a few time this spring just asking if I had stuff for customers. They have already pirated all their own parts bins for anything useful..

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Circe wrote:

Start raiding friends parts bins.. The shop has called me a few time this spring just asking if I had stuff for customers. They have already pirated all their own parts bins for anything useful..

Already done that. I just called my local shop and asked if they had any cheap brakes laying around, used or otherwise. I was laughed at.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
Circe wrote:

$50 on eBay.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 16:12 Quote
How crappy are those?

I was considering these Deore M6100 brakes for $186 shipped. Link.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019484
Mobile Version of Website