Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
My tci with lighter schwalbe tires was just a pound heavier. It had a coil rear shock aswell.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
It'll be interesting to see how you get on with the CC Inline.

I've been very close to buying one a few times now, but the reported issues, as well as Cane Creeks service prices have kept me away. Nothing else like it on the market, though.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
I still don't understand why. I guess other than "because you can".

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:

This

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Is it coil front and rear?

Yep. Smashpot front.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:

Because I wanted a more active suspension system throughout because of the nature of most short travel bikes to feel "stiff" while riding over terrain. Coil is more active than air overall. While having to change coil springs is more complex initially than just changing air pressures, in the end I think it will result in a more plush, snappy short travel bike experience. Big wheels, bottomless suspension, snappy handling.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
I think a shock with a hydraulic bottom out assist would be the perfect addition to a short travel rig.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
seraph wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

Because I wanted a more active suspension system throughout because of the nature of most short travel bikes to feel "stiff" while riding over terrain. Coil is more active than air overall. While having to change coil springs is more complex initially than just changing air pressures, in the end I think it will result in a more plush, snappy short travel bike experience. Big wheels, bottomless suspension, snappy handling.

There is a bottom it's about 115mm from the top! Bahahaha. You should have no issues riding that bike n stuff bigger than it was designed for which will lead to bottom outs. Otherwise it is not setup correct in my opinion.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I think a shock with a hydraulic bottom out assist would be the perfect addition to a short travel rig.

Can confirm EXT Shocks are awesome on short travel bikes. As for the why you just need to ride one to see. Have a local guy with one on his Spur and that loves the bike now after deeming the SID un-rideable.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
I really don't think the Spur should have come with a Sid. Excellent fork, but it really comes off as more endurance XC than a trail fork to me. Haven't had any back with bushing wear, yet.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
I recently swapped to a MRP Ribbon Coil and I've gotta say, it would be hard to go back to an air fork. My plan for this winter is to have a custom damper fitted to it and that'll actually shave some weight.

Out back I'm not so sure. I'd be worried that a coil, especially at my weight, would be far too active. I don't have back pain from riding yet, so I don't need full suspension bike to feel like a magic carpet. Although it would be nice to have a coil shock for days when I know I'll be pointed mostly downhill.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
seraph wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

There is a bottom it's about 115mm from the top! Bahahaha. You should have no issues riding that bike n stuff bigger than it was designed for which will lead to bottom outs. Otherwise it is not setup correct in my opinion.

I don't think you understand what people mean when they say "bottomless". Also curious how you think it's not set up "correct".

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
I am still not sure how a 115mm bike can be bottomless? My point was if you are under biking and not bottoming out you suspension every once in a while you must not have it set up right or you ride slopestyle.... Currently riding a 110mm light xc/trail bike as my only whip and I seem to find the bottom of the travel quite a bit when riding bigger jumps and drops.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
I am still not sure how a 115mm bike can be bottomless? My point was if you are under biking and not bottoming out you suspension every once in a while you must not have it set up right or you ride slopestyle.... Currently riding a 110mm light xc/trail bike as my only whip and I seem to find the bottom of the travel quite a bit when riding bigger jumps and drops.

Then your suspension is set up poorly.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
You all never bottom out your suspension? What's the point of suspension if you never hit the bottom or use all of it? If you are not bottoming out your suspension on stuff the bike was not intended to ride then when would you do it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033103
Mobile Version of Website