Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
It's leaking from the banjo fitting at the caliper not the master cylinder/ lever. Replacing the barb and olive won't help.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 15:24 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
It's leaking from the banjo fitting at the caliper not the master cylinder/ lever. Replacing the barb and olive won't help.

Teflon tape on the banjo threads might help. As well as new copper crush washers and o rings on the banjo, if they come with them, (my hope brakes do).

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
Teflon tape on a banjo fitting is pointless as the crush washers seal both sides. If fluid was pushed through the threads the inner washer would block its way out.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
this is the only thread i read/comment in on PB so appreciate the tips. ill send it back and sell the replacement once i get it to avoid 12 weeks downtime....

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Teflon tape on a banjo fitting is pointless as the crush washers seal both sides. If fluid was pushed through the threads the inner washer would block its way out.

I said Teflon tape on the threads, not the banjo itself and new crush washers/o rings on the banjo.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 18:58 Quote
The threads of the banjo bolt don't need to be sealed..the washers do that. This is what I meant.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Bottomless suspension doesn't mean it never bottoms out, it means it never feels like you just smashed into the bottom and ran out of travel abruptly. It means your suspension is setup correctly and is effectively controlling its motion and not just blowing through travel on big hits and smashing into the bump stops. Unless you're hitting something unusually large for your riding, you should almost never feel your suspension bottom out, regardless of whether or not it's actually using all the travel.

What he said. If you are feeling yourself bottom out regularly you need more compression, progression, spring, or combination. Feeling yourself bottom out means that for that moment you now have significantly reduced control and have a massive spike in force not an optimal way to ride. It's also a good way to break shit.

For the record the opposite is true as well, if you aren't using all your travel you need to adjust your settings... Just not too far.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 3:24 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:

I’ve almost exclusively been working on road gravel bikes lately. Totally forgot that MTBs have banjo fittings. ‍

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 9:03 Quote
RMWB wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

I’ve almost exclusively been working on road gravel bikes lately. Totally forgot that MTBs have banjo fittings. ‍

Road bike calipers have banjos too. Not common but they're out there.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
I like banjos.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
Just not in the woods…

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
Or SRAM brakes, they squeal like a pig

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
What do people run for on bike storage for longer rides? Is the EDC set up the best way to go? I like the look of the granite designs handle bar plug stuff. Was thinking about using their tyre plug kit and chain breaker with edc mini in my steerer. Then maybe 70 cc one up pump with a co2 inside.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 19:47 Quote
tbc wrote:
What do people run for on bike storage for longer rides? Is the EDC set up the best way to go? I like the look of the granite designs handle bar plug stuff. Was thinking about using their tyre plug kit and chain breaker with edc mini in my steerer. Then maybe 70 cc one up pump with a co2 inside.

I've got the 100cc pump and a dynaplug mounted separately. That takes care of mini tool, chain tool, link storage, co2 and pump needs. Separately I've got a a tube and tire levers that form master link pliers tucked into a gear strap. I can cram my leatherman in there too but I'm paranoid about it slipping out.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
I use a Raceface hip pack. More than enough room for all my tools and nutrition as well. I also use an Occam Designs Boa strap for a spare tube.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032420
Mobile Version of Website