Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 20:54 Quote
seraph wrote:
I use a Raceface hip pack.

You mean fanny pack. Best thing. No sweaty back.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 21:25 Quote
seraph wrote:
I use a Raceface hip pack. More than enough room for all my tools and nutrition as well. I also use an Occam Designs Boa strap for a spare tube.
Same... except Evoc pack.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 22:38 Quote
Bontrager hot lap fanny pack. Love it.
EDC tool in steerer

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 22:40 Quote
crs-one wrote:
tbc wrote:
What do people run for on bike storage for longer rides? Is the EDC set up the best way to go? I like the look of the granite designs handle bar plug stuff. Was thinking about using their tyre plug kit and chain breaker with edc mini in my steerer. Then maybe 70 cc one up pump with a co2 inside.

I've got the 100cc pump and a dynaplug mounted separately. That takes care of mini tool, chain tool, link storage, co2 and pump needs. Separately I've got a a tube and tire levers that form master link pliers tucked into a gear strap. I can cram my leatherman in there too but I'm paranoid about it slipping out.

Are you and I the same person? That’s almost my exact setup. I use the Wolf Tooth master link pliers/tire lever.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
Axxe wrote:
seraph wrote:

Is it common knowledge on that side of the pond that fanny is British slang for vagina?

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 0:44 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Axxe wrote:
seraph wrote:

Is it common knowledge on that side of the pond that fanny is British slang for vagina?

Don’t tell them, it’s hilarious to read!

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 1:29 Quote
I've been running the 76Projects Piggy on my gravel and xc bike for the last year and I'm a big fan. I'd recommend putting some heli tape underneath before fitting though; https://76projects.com/products/thepiggy?variant=40526080082107

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
tbc wrote:
What do people run for on bike storage for longer rides? Is the EDC set up the best way to go? I like the look of the granite designs handle bar plug stuff. Was thinking about using their tyre plug kit and chain breaker with edc mini in my steerer. Then maybe 70 cc one up pump with a co2 inside.

I use a big ol' Camelbak 100 oz MULE. It'll carry all the tools, water and food I need for big rides. My spare tube and levers ride on the bike frame. Everything else is in the pack.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Axxe wrote:
seraph wrote:

I have this knowledge. My wife is British.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
I like tools and tube on the bike. The hip pack just gets water and phone.

I got one of those cheap crank tube tools and I really like it. Doesn't do everything, and I don't carry plugs currently, but it is handy.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Downtube and frame packs for all the gear.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 8:46 Quote
I just had a custom Andrew the Maker frame bag made and it is freagin awesome! Highly recommend his work. The fit is so perfect.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
Camelbak Chase vest. Can use a hip bag with it on the gravel rides, or just it for mtb, much more secure and no waggle.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
Gotta support the little bag makers.

Pinch flat designs hip packs are TITS

Occam designs BOA tube strap us the bees knees

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 10:01 Quote

A few shots of the custom frame bag. This frame has a 3 pack mount so the bag is mounted to those and then laced on top tube with one strap up front. Other photos is my setup for 5 days on the OTT Trail.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036703
Mobile Version of Website