Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Cushcore pro does loads for sidewall support

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
I much rather just get a heavier bigger tire, slightly more inflated. And I do. Inserts are stupid.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I much rather just get a heavier bigger tire, slightly more inflated. And I do. Inserts are stupid.

You are not fat and don't ride hard enough or you're not a hack.

DH casing tires at 34psi, I could rip tires off on command without an insert.. If I push too hard into a berm to try and launch back out of it for speed, I could rip tires off on command.

It's 100% about sidewall support/burping prevention.

I absolutely never got how people got away running sub 20psi.. Even with cushcore, on DH casing tires, I still have to run 24F and 26R. But I am also a fat gorilla that squares off corners.

I'd like to know what the big brutes like Rude end up going through a year on rims/tires/inserts.. He is a big boy and he isn't light on the bike..

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 20:57 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

DH casing tires at 34psi, I could rip tires off on command without an insert.. If I push too hard into a berm to try and launch back out of it for speed, I could rip tires off on command.

I absolutely never got how people got away running sub 20psi.. Even with cushcore, on DH casing tires, I still have to run 24F and 26R. But I am also a fat gorilla that squares off corners.

I'd like to know what the big brutes like Rude end up going through a year on rims/tires/inserts.. He is a big boy and he isn't light on the bike..

TL;DR: Swan is a fat hack who claims to ride hard on the internet.

Sorry. Had to.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 21:36 Quote
Circe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

TL;DR: Swan is a fat hack who claims to ride hard on the internet.

Sorry. Had to.

This is common knowledge.

OG keyboard warrior.

Got little Kitty the CAT loaded up for the weekend and stealing daddy's Levo since mine is still in the box from last November. lol

Going to go work at a buddies compound and dig some big jumps. Dad's Levo doesn't have cushcore, and it's on Grid casings.. So it's pretty sketchy every time I ride it.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
Rigs on rigs on rigs! The Fummins is looking sick!

What tire pressure did you run in the good old days? I was “30 psi in my minions, don’t care about your opinions”.

Grateful I can run a lot less these days.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
Axxe wrote:

Have you tried cushcore?

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
Circe wrote:
Rigs on rigs on rigs! The Fummins is looking sick!

What tire pressure did you run in the good old days? I was “30 psi in my minions, don’t care about your opinions”.

Grateful I can run a lot less these days.

Cheers! Fummins is working out slick.

Good old days were 30-36 depending on the bike and tire. But I was also like 185 when I was actually riding fast compared to 230 now. Places where I knew I was going to be cornering aggressively with lots of traction I was 34F and 36-38R.

Even back in the day, you should have been able to run like 24psi. lol

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Of all the insert technology I have run I still think Schwalbe Pro Core was the best performing but obviously had it's drawbacks as well. Even with that system I found anything below 23 psi squirmy and somewhat unnerving. My friend experimented running his in the 12-15psi range just to see how it would do and it did it's job really well he said.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
My buddy ran a 27.5x3.0 tire with Cushcore on his Chameleon at 9 psi and loved it. Eek

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Of all the insert technology I have run I still think Schwalbe Pro Core was the best performing but obviously had it's drawbacks as well. Even with that system I found anything below 23 psi squirmy and somewhat unnerving. My friend experimented running his in the 12-15psi range just to see how it would do and it did it's job really well he said.

We setup a few procores and they riders really really liked them. I never committed to inserts until cushcore, and I never got around drilling a second hole in a rim.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
Pro Core didn't require a second hole as it used a special 2 position valve.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Pro Core didn't require a second hole as it used a special 2 position valve.
And how funny it was when that spezial valve started to equalize the pressure between the procore tube and the tyre during a muddy race in the slovenian alps.
Got to tell, it was not funny. At all.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
I just pick a tire that is fat and strong enough for my riding and inflate it to a pressure that does not feel squirrelly.
Worked just fine for what, thirty five years?
I believe insert weight is better spent in the sidewall. But, yeah, I am not a hack. I climb more than I ride down.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Have you tried cushcore?

So no, got it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021911
Mobile Version of Website