Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 20:45 Quote
Any aftermarket suggestions for mating XTR m9120 brakes, to AXS shifter & dropper, for clean single clamp goodness. Tried Wolftooth, Problem Solvers...I don't think ispec or matchmaker will work either. You help me now.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
Just accept the dual clamp lifestyle… lol

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
Nobble wrote:

Noooooooo

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
moferenc wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
This is what I was referring to

Do those work for the cold?

indeed

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 0:57 Quote
fredro wrote:
Any aftermarket suggestions for mating XTR m9120 brakes, to AXS shifter & dropper, for clean single clamp goodness. Tried Wolftooth, Problem Solvers...I don't think ispec or matchmaker will work either. You help me now.
Duct tape

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 1:04 Quote
fredro wrote:

Must be a ghetto fix option, or, DIY job

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
fredro wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Noooooooo

I too went down the same road with previous build kit

Had to embrace the dual clamp lifestyle to be comfy and not look back

I believe in you

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
NEVERRRRRRRR Madder

In all seriousness, it's really not a big deal, nor a deal breaker, it's just my preference to ease my OCD. Last 4 bikes I've had single clamp setups and I've been spoiled ever since. I like one clamp, one cable, one less screw to tighten or loosen. So clean.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
fredro wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Noooooooo

I don't use Matchmaker with my AXS controller. I really don't like how close it puts the shift paddle to my hands. Dual clamp is so much more adjustable, and having two clamps is a small price to pay for getting rid of a whole shift cable.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
New Shimano brake clamps are kinda spaced wierd though. In the past I ran grip-brake-shifter all tight against one another.

Now, there is a gap between the grip and the lever and my shifters are further out.

I like the idea of increased bracing of the lever body, but I could see the advantage to single clamps.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
seraph wrote:
fredro wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Noooooooo

I don't use Matchmaker with my AXS controller. I really don't like how close it puts the shift paddle to my hands. Dual clamp is so much more adjustable, and having two clamps is a small price to pay for getting rid of a whole shift cable.

Plus matchmaker clamps are just rude to carbon bars. The stealth clamps are way doper, spread the load and stuff.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
fredro wrote:

JB Weld.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Circe wrote:

Cute. Much help.

Works for riding CO in Jan/Feb when the trails aren't iced over. Book

Circe wrote:
even with 100% winter gloves I was losing feeling in my brake fingers.

You're probably running into two problems that happens with ice climbing. 1. When you are gripping you are squeezing those blood vessels reducing warm blood to your hands. So not overgripping is even more important 2. If your core isn't warm enough as the blood goes down your arms it continues to cool, not helping anything.

what grips you running curcles?

ESI's seem to stay warmer for me than other harder materials. No need to answer, I probably won't be back in the forum for weeks.
this Isaac dude is a admin wanker don't engage with him

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
Bro, you posted in the wrong neighborhood.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
Isaac has been around here longer than most and is a good dude.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021313
Mobile Version of Website