Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 21:10 Quote
Zee Germans make nice stuff.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 21:51 Quote
fredro wrote:
Zee Germans make nice stuff.

Zis is true!

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 22:13 Quote
I always get my Tune hubs from R2 Bike. Shipping isn't actually too bad considering the conversion rate for the Euro isn't terrible right now.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 9:50 Quote

Raceface Turbine stem 35mm clamp, 40mm length

SRAM XX1 Eagle chain. 126 links

SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS rear der., with battery

SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS shifter

SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS cassette 10/52

Deity Bladerunner pedals

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
Leaving the sticker on the stem? Losing the weight game Razz

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
Not sure who else is watching, but the front page article regarding mechanical wages is pretty interesting to keep tabs on.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
Wait, so wages are bad unless you work in tech, union trades, or healthcare?

Huh.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Not sure who else is watching, but the front page article regarding mechanical wages is pretty interesting to keep tabs on.

I commented, but I didn't want to read too much or I might get mad. I'm currently pretty peeved about how little I get paid as a service manager.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:52 Quote
Same boat mate. It's really disappointing seeing how many people respond with "it's a good entry level position." Probably is. I wouldn't know, as I went past entry level duties a decade ago and still am not making a reasonable amount.

I don't want to beef my boss. He's a great dude, and nobody here is getting rich by any means, but I'm making a lot less than I should be to live in this city.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Same boat mate. It's really disappointing seeing how many people respond with "it's a good entry level position." Probably is. I wouldn't know, as I went past entry level duties a decade ago and still am not making a reasonable amount.

I don't want to beef my boss. He's a great dude, and nobody here is getting rich by any means, but I'm making a lot less than I should be to live in this city.

That's the thing. The cost of living keeps going up but the salaries don't. I heard yesterday that Trader Joe's employees get a 7% raise every 6 months if they meet requirements. I've been at my current store for 8 months and haven't even gotten a review.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Imagine if you were in America with no social net. Average mechanic salary of 32k, no health care benefits or retirement package. Yikes.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
Circe wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Imagine if you were in America with no social net. Average mechanic salary of 32k, no health care benefits or retirement package. Yikes.

I won't disclose my wage here, but it is significantly under that figure.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
I make close to $41k a year before taxes but it's not enough for where I live and for all the responsibilities I have at my job.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
I feel for you guys but if you keep working for the low wages no one is going to offer you more. I appreciate all the work that you do but that is one reason I never worked in a shop is that I could make more money working almost any other job.

Almost all of the guys I know that work at shops have lasted 5-6 years as they either finished school or moved on to more lucrative positions.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
Time for a career change. Gotta get out while your still young or else start looking at partners for starting your own shop.

I wonder what the overheads would look like for being a travelling mechanic?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022707
Mobile Version of Website