Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 23:34 Quote
Is the Fidlock bottle system secure enough for rough trail riding? The only bottlecage mount I have available is on the underside of the downtube, and a conventional bottlecage would interfere with the Thule rack on the car.
I do switch between a backpack with a bladder and an enduro-style fanny pack with a bottle, but neither are a great option when there's a lot of climbing to do.
Any alternative to the Fidlock?

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 23:55 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Is the Fidlock bottle system secure enough for rough trail riding? The only bottlecage mount I have available is on the underside of the downtube, and a conventional bottlecage would interfere with the Thule rack on the car.
I do switch between a backpack with a bladder and an enduro-style fanny pack with a bottle, but neither are a great option when there's a lot of climbing to do.

What kind of bike do you have?

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
It's a Production Privee Shan5. The mount is on the underside. There could be enough space in the front triangle between the shock mount and the headtube for a DIY solution but I'd like to keep it clean

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 0:07 Quote
SileTzar wrote:

Few customers use them on enduro/Park bikes with mild success..

Had a family really invest in them for their park bikes. The wife and younger daughter never lost bottles. The dad and u18 Girl that races World cups said they lost a few bottles over the summer they used it. Not glowing reviews, but they said it was functional overall.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 0:11 Quote
So, you’re saying you don’t want to hose clamp a bottle there?

Most water bottle bosses are just rivnuted. How hard would it be to do that?

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 0:34 Quote
Don't want that, then I'd have to secure it from twisting and protect the frame from scratches when I tighten it down, and it'd look awful.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 0:44 Quote
My fidlock bottle is fine but I don't ride DH runs with it on to save weight so can't comment on really rough or fast riding

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 1:43 Quote
100% that bike would be getting a few bosses installed on the underside of the top tube if it was mine.

Then run a side entry cage like the Specialized Z cage and you are in business.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 1:50 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
It's a Production Privee Shan5. The mount is on the underside. There could be enough space in the front triangle between the shock mount and the headtube for a DIY solution but I'd like to keep it clean

OOOOOOOO, Nice Bike!! I was all prepared to buy one a few years back. Still awaiting my quotation. probably got lost in the matrix LOL. I then pulled the plug on a Guerilla Gravity. That said, I still would love to have one.
How does it ride, loose and wild or a solid straight shooter?

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 2:14 Quote
Not a straight shooter, it has its limits on repeated big hits, after all it's "only" 140mm in the back, but the rear triangle is very compliant and it tracks the ground very well on the chatter and off-cambers. Pretty maneuverable as it's not too long in the reach department.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 3:35 Quote
PHeller wrote:
ANyone run ODI F1 Vapor or their grips with A.I.R.E compound?

Yeah mate big fan of em, great vibration damping.

Not the longest lasting and gloves are a must for wet weather riding

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 5:04 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Not a straight shooter, it has its limits on repeated big hits, after all it's "only" 140mm in the back, but the rear triangle is very compliant and it tracks the ground very well on the chatter and off-cambers. Pretty maneuverable as it's not too long in the reach department.

Cool, many happy miles!!!!

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
Michaelmoses23 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
ANyone run ODI F1 Vapor or their grips with A.I.R.E compound?

Yeah mate big fan of em, great vibration damping.

Not the longest lasting and gloves are a must for wet weather riding

Picked up two sets for $30 shipped. Figure if they are as comfy as ESI but last twice as long, that'll be a win in my book.

I really like my RevGrips right up until I start riding lots of XC, then the lock collars start to get uncomfortable.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 20:20 Quote

More scale shots from new build.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 20:45 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Anyone got recommendations for bar ends?

lol lol lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023522
Mobile Version of Website