Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
They should give the weight of the package they're selling (i.e. frame + shock + axle or whatever) and not worry about hypothetical future component changes. If they're that precious about it they can give a breakdown of the individual components too.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Scapin Style, no fork no headset. Seen claimed weights around 1200, mine is verified 1750. In their defence, maybe they aren't counting the ISP topper and I am. Still kinda raw, you know?
Yeah, that's really bad. I don't mind even a 10% variance but when you're hitting 40-50% it's just bullshit to have even listed a weight in the first place.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
Anyone follow Rulzeman Suspension out of Italy? He recently posted a weight focused Banshee Prime build.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWSbbD2Mt0n/

Shows how much weight can be dropped with pinner wheels and tires.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Anyone follow Rulzeman Suspension out of Italy? He recently posted a weight focused Banshee Prime build.

Why though? Anyone building that style of a bike with 2.2" Rekon's looses all credibility.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

Why though? Anyone building that style of a bike with 2.2" Rekon's looses all credibility.

Right? Thats weak even for XC these days. Silly 10mm stem that Mondraker stopped making for a reason, and then a 125mm dropper? That is one confused build.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
yeah but all the internet drip for tagging every single company they bought it from Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
yeah but all the internet drip for tagging every single company they bought it from Rolleyes

Including aliexpress for the danger seat. lol

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

I run an Ali carbon saddle, it’s really been great. Comfy, light, and after a year and a half still feels solid.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:

I follow him and he definitely puts out some good videos but dude is on the kooky side for sure.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

I run an Ali carbon saddle, it’s really been great. Comfy, light, and after a year and a half still feels solid.

I run that same Ali carbon saddle and so far so good. I do wish it didn't have the scoop in the shape at the back as sometimes it catches my shorts on it.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
I am too fat and too much of a hack to trust a allibaba saddle.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
27.7lbs for that Rulezman Prime XL with Cane Creek Inline coil shock and Intend Hero 29.

I wanted to dig into it a bit:

Banshee Prime 29 XL: Medium frames weighs 7.1lbs without shock. In XL with a coil shock, it's probably darn near close to 8.5lbs.

Cane Creek Inline with Ti Spring: 560-590g
Intend Hero: 1820g

XXR25 rear wheel: 778g
XXR25 front wheel: 646h
Total weight: 1424g
It's interesting because XXR makes a 28mm wide XC wheelset that would only have been 150g heavier than the 25mm set he chose.

Rekon Race 29x2.25 is 691g.
Forekaster 29x2.2 is 690g.

I feel like the tires could've gone a little bit wider for not much more weight.

But the big one is the frame/shock combo. He basically went XC on everything except for the frame and shock, so he'll be able to over-ride the tires and wheels.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 18:06 Quote
Thanks for the dig Pheller

I own that exact frame and f*ck it ain't light with any coil shock on'er...just had a DPS and a 34 in mine for a bit to drop weight in suspension. The DPS got taken off real quick. Like one ride and it sucked. They are not worth the weight savings even with custom tuning it..

Have yet to get my XL Prime build below 33lb

New xl spire frame ships this month anyway. More travel and less weight will be a little different.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
Anyone here got any experience with the new Float X? I know coil is all the rage these days but I'm considering going back to air.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 1:37 Quote
PHeller wrote:
27.7lbs for that Rulezman Prime XL with Cane Creek Inline coil shock and Intend Hero 29.

I wanted to dig into it a bit:

Banshee Prime 29 XL: Medium frames weighs 7.1lbs without shock. In XL with a coil shock, it's probably darn near close to 8.5lbs.

Cane Creek Inline with Ti Spring: 560-590g
Intend Hero: 1820g

XXR25 rear wheel: 778g
XXR25 front wheel: 646h
Total weight: 1424g
It's interesting because XXR makes a 28mm wide XC wheelset that would only have been 150g heavier than the 25mm set he chose.

Rekon Race 29x2.25 is 691g.
Forekaster 29x2.2 is 690g.

I feel like the tires could've gone a little bit wider for not much more weight.

But the big one is the frame/shock combo. He basically went XC on everything except for the frame and shock, so he'll be able to over-ride the tires and wheels.

Weird build

I'm all for light wheels, but that wheelset and tire setup is going to heavily limit the capability of the bike. I live in a place that's extremely easy on wheels and tires and I still wouldn't run that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021560
Mobile Version of Website