Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
Does anyone happen to know the actual weight difference between SC C and CC frame (megatower or hightower)?

I believe SC claims +-250g but I've seen/heard wildly different numbers ranging from as little as 30-50g to 500g.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 12:28 Quote
Is it cheating to use a regular bike to get the KOM on downhill "E-Bike" segments?

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
zeeman wrote:
Is it cheating to use a regular bike to get the KOM on downhill "E-Bike" segments?

Absolutely not

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
I saw Kirt Voreis use the term "muscle bike" to distinguish from e-bikes. I really like it.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I saw Kirt Voreis use the term "muscle bike" to distinguish from e-bikes. I really like it.

There are mountain bikes and there are e-bikes, it’s simple really

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 17:49 Quote
zeeman wrote:

I’d be kinda surprised if you could beat the ebike times. My ebike is way more stable in a straight line and two stomps on the pedals after a corner and you are back to 20 mph.

Not saying its not possible, just that you might be surprised that they don’t necessarily go slower than a regular bike on the downhill.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
theweaz wrote:
zeeman wrote:

I’d be kinda surprised if you could beat the ebike times. My ebike is way more stable in a straight line and two stomps on the pedals after a corner and you are back to 20 mph.

Not saying its not possible, just that you might be surprised that they don’t necessarily go slower than a regular bike on the downhill.

It's the archer not the arrow bud I'm tellin ya

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
I got a KOM on a DH segment on my Levo last year.

Local bro I took KOM from knew I was on the Levo and reported me. I litterally don't record on up hills because I know I am fat and I cheat. But my time would have crushed the ebike record and was the KOM on the analog DH segment and he was pissed..

But I had the second place on my old SJ Evo that was less than 2 seconds faster.. It was close enough that GPS inaccuracies were way more to play than the bikes we were riding. He was trying to tell me how the ebike was cheating on a Legit DH course where you pedal like 5 pedal strokes on a 2 mins long segment.

Dude was just butt hurt. lol

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
zeeman wrote:

There's tracks where e-bikes help - long pedally flat tracks, tracks with any uphill in - but something like a tight, technical, twisty track could be much harder on an e-bike than an acoustic bike.

Probably best to keep all the times separated out - or at least clearly labelled as to whether they were e-bike or acoustic

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
Acoustic....?!

I mean, we can literally go for any random adjective now, or... what's the rational?

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Acoustic....?!

I mean, we can literally go for any random adjective now, or... what's the rational?

I’m so glad someone said what I was thinking. Then again, I sometimes call my dirt bike a bike.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
I call my SUV a car. Saying "honey go meet me in the SUV" sounds kinda dumb.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
Acoustic bike is the term tossed around on the Emtb forum..

I hung out there for a while, they didn't deal with my bullshit as well as you guys do.

And I name most of my cars.

My lifted beater Forester was "shitfozz".
The lowered 350hp Forester that shot flames was "angry toaster" (toaster for short).
The current 300hp outback is "Dadwagon".
Dually Cummins swapped F350 is "Chonky".
66 Ford F100 is the "Black Mariah".

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Acoustic bike is the term tossed around on the Emtb forum..

I hung out there for a while, they didn't deal with my bullshit as well as you guys do.

And I name most of my cars.

My lifted beater Forester was "shitfozz".
The lowered 350hp Forester that shot flames was "angry toaster" (toaster for short).
The current 300hp outback is "Dadwagon".
Dually Cummins swapped F350 is "Chonky".
66 Ford F100 is the "Black Mariah".

Specialized marketing started using acoustic when the Levo came out stateside.

I like these names. Our bug is Gunter. A strong German name.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 17:50 Quote
Tired of running assegai up front. Looking for something lighter, easier to pedal and maybe has a beefier shoulder profile..? I live in the Midwest and ride mostly NWArkansa trails. So hard pack / loose over hard / rocky. Was thinking about a NobbyNic/HansDampf setup with a soft/speedgrip compounds

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032714
Mobile Version of Website