Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 17:54 Quote
gspottickles918 wrote:
Tired of running assegai up front. Looking for something lighter, easier to pedal and maybe has a beefier shoulder profile..? I live in the Midwest and ride mostly NWArkansa trails. So hard pack / loose over hard / rocky. Was thinking about a NobbyNic/HansDampf setup with a soft/speedgrip compounds

I’m running Spesh tires at the moment, Butcher T9 up front and an Eliminator T7/T9 gravity casing in the rear. I’ve always been a Maxxis guy, but I’m really happy with these tires. And they’re cheap!

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
chunter wrote:
gspottickles918 wrote:
Tired of running assegai up front. Looking for something lighter, easier to pedal and maybe has a beefier shoulder profile..? I live in the Midwest and ride mostly NWArkansa trails. So hard pack / loose over hard / rocky. Was thinking about a NobbyNic/HansDampf setup with a soft/speedgrip compounds

I’m running Spesh tires at the moment, Butcher T9 up front and an Eliminator T7/T9 gravity casing in the rear. I’ve always been a Maxxis guy, but I’m really happy with these tires. And they’re cheap!

+1 for the Butcher/Eliminator combo. I’m on the okey versions but have been surprisingly happy with them. I also really like the Hellkats.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 20:02 Quote
Views: 151    Faves: 1    Comments: 2

perfect conditions this week for riding. (I need a better camera)

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 21:34 Quote
That looks like pretty f*cking fun trail and the dirt looks perfect! Nice man! tup

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 21:48 Quote
What about a minion dhf I find the larger shorter knobs deal better with hardpack.

I have been running the Big Betty as a back tire for a while it would probably make a decent front tire too.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Acoustic bike is the term tossed around on the Emtb forum..

I hung out there for a while, they didn't deal with my bullshit as well as you guys do.

And I name most of my cars.

My lifted beater Forester was "shitfozz".
The lowered 350hp Forester that shot flames was "angry toaster" (toaster for short).
The current 300hp outback is "Dadwagon".
Dually Cummins swapped F350 is "Chonky".
66 Ford F100 is the "Black Mariah".

I mean technically my car's name is Duncan, since it's a Highlander. But "honey go wait for me in Duncan" doesn't really sound right either.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
Our Santa Fe is named Tina Fe

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
Opinion, sell my AXS drivetrain and get a Shimano 12speed setup?

Pros, lighter, even buying new shimano gear I will pocket $$ from the sale of AXS, HG+.

Cons, no more zzzit bleep boop.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Opinion, sell my AXS drivetrain and get a Shimano 12speed setup?

Pros, lighter, even buying new shimano gear I will pocket $$ from the sale of AXS, HG+.

Cons, no more zzzit bleep boop.

I would do it. Sell it to some chum.

When the axs clutch wears out the amount of chain slap is so wack for a high end mtb derailleur. Not acceptable.

Ive been on slx RD with xtr shifter and it's money. Xtr chain and cassette has been good.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
Yes once you stack a bunch of thin plastic spacers behind the XTR cassette it is great! Haha

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Yes once you stack a bunch of thin plastic spacers behind the XTR cassette it is great! Haha

What’s that about?

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
Pretty much everybody with one has had this issue. Basically the stack of the cassette is off and the lock ring bottoms out before it all gets tight to the free hub. Shimano’s fix is to just send you some paper thing plastic spacers to stack behind the cassette

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
I had the same issue with my shimano 11-51 deore cassette on the HG hub body.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033485
Mobile Version of Website