close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I wouldn't.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
fredro wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I wouldn't.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
fredro wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I wouldn't.
+1

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 17:47 Quote
12sp on microspline XT hub was good for me. So quiet and works flawlessly. So far.
Also like the latest generation of brakes and rotors. Put 4pot with that finned 203 XT rotor in front, 2pot rear.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
Axxe wrote:
12sp on microspline XT hub was good for me. So quiet and works flawlessly. So far.
Also like the latest generation of brakes and rotors. Put 4pot with that finned 203 XT rotor in front, 2pot rear.

Microspline hub, XT cassette and chain with AXS derailuer and shifter. Best combo ever. If you are going to change this is the way. Have it on 2 bikes now and absolutely love it.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 18:31 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Microspline hub, XT cassette and chain with AXS derailuer and shifter. Best combo ever. If you are going to change this is the way. Have it on 2 bikes now and absolutely love it.
This is the way

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 18:53 Quote
I don't like batteries.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I don't like batteries.

I don’t either, but I have literally charged mine battery twice and I have over 500 miles on my derailleur. I’m sold

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
nubbs wrote:
RMWB wrote:
Opinion, sell my AXS drivetrain and get a Shimano 12speed setup?

Pros, lighter, even buying new shimano gear I will pocket $$ from the sale of AXS, HG+.

Cons, no more zzzit bleep boop.

I would do it. Sell it to some chum.

When the axs clutch wears out the amount of chain slap is so wack for a high end mtb derailleur. Not acceptable.

Ive been on slx RD with xtr shifter and it's money. Xtr chain and cassette has been good.

+1. Adjustable clutch, more inboard derailleur, HG+ is nice. Have 2 Shimano 12-speed drivetrains on my bikes and they’ve been great.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
riish wrote:
nubbs wrote:
RMWB wrote:
Opinion, sell my AXS drivetrain and get a Shimano 12speed setup?

Pros, lighter, even buying new shimano gear I will pocket $$ from the sale of AXS, HG+.

Cons, no more zzzit bleep boop.

I would do it. Sell it to some chum.

When the axs clutch wears out the amount of chain slap is so wack for a high end mtb derailleur. Not acceptable.

Ive been on slx RD with xtr shifter and it's money. Xtr chain and cassette has been good.

+1. Adjustable clutch, more inboard derailleur, HG+ is nice. Have 2 Shimano 12-speed drivetrains on my bikes and they’ve been great.

Yay a friend of the blue team! Heyo

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
Patents on bs like that are what really piss me off though. If you can come up with a unique way of doing something things like a clutch adjustments shouldn’t be proprietary.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 23:20 Quote
Like Shimano buying out a hydraulic shifting company and just burying the patents years and years ago?

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 5:26 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Did you have to change the pulley wheels on the AXS derailleur? I've heard the N/W profile gives some issues

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 5:27 Quote
Axxe wrote:

Just picked up a set of Dominions on a Black Friday deal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024693
Mobile Version of Website