Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
RMWB wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:
Axxe wrote:
12sp on microspline XT hub was good for me. So quiet and works flawlessly. So far.
Also like the latest generation of brakes and rotors. Put 4pot with that finned 203 XT rotor in front, 2pot rear.

Microspline hub, XT cassette and chain with AXS derailuer and shifter. Best combo ever. If you are going to change this is the way. Have it on 2 bikes now and absolutely love it.

Did you have to change the pulley wheels on the AXS derailleur? I've heard the N/W profile gives some issues

I have not noticed any issues with it so far.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
RMWB wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:

Microspline hub, XT cassette and chain with AXS derailuer and shifter. Best combo ever. If you are going to change this is the way. Have it on 2 bikes now and absolutely love it.

Did you have to change the pulley wheels on the AXS derailleur? I've heard the N/W profile gives some issues

I have not noticed any issues with it so far.

If you do get skipping etc it can be the quick link. (seen it once) Swap the shimano 12spd out of an eagle one and it will run fine with the shimano chain

Also you can go that route to not have to but a stupid HG+ special chainring for 12spd shimano chains.

That's a tip I got from that blowout guy in here!

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 19:32 Quote
Can you run a SRAM quick link on Shimano? I only run SRAM drivetrains so I carry one but have thought about adding a Shimano quick link just in case

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 21:16 Quote
Circe wrote:
Can you run a SRAM quick link on Shimano? I only run SRAM drivetrains so I carry one but have thought about adding a Shimano quick link just in case

Yes and use whatever chainring I guess. No HG+ shit needed there.

Xtr 12spd chain with rainbow sram quicklink on my bike has 1k pedaling on it by now. Using basic nw cinch mount raceface ring.

I still carry a 12spd shimano link and a sram one just cuz pack pliers are kewl. Thanks wolftoooooth.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Circe wrote:

Xtr 12spd chain with rainbow sram quicklink on my bike has 1k pedaling on it by now. Using basic nw cinch mount raceface ring.

I still carry a 12spd shimano link and a sram one just cuz pack pliers are kewl. Thanks wolftoooooth.

I carry the same ones

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
Circe wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Circe wrote:

I carry the same ones

Jah bless

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 0:31 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Axxe wrote:
12sp on microspline XT hub was good for me. So quiet and works flawlessly. So far.
Also like the latest generation of brakes and rotors. Put 4pot with that finned 203 XT rotor in front, 2pot rear.

Just picked up a set of Dominions on a Black Friday deal.

Oooo you’re in for a treat!

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Like Shimano buying out a hydraulic shifting company and just burying the patents years and years ago?

Link to any coverage of that?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
That's what happened to the Honda derailleur in a box as well.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
Just got an email from Trek about the upcoming SE6 tire. Holy Assegai rip off Batman.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
You just got that? We saw it like a month ago lol

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
seraph wrote:

Not a Trek dealer anymore but here you go little buddy:

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
seraph wrote:

Not a Trek dealer anymore but here you go little buddy:

That cookie looks bomb.

But yeah it's a straight copy.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
Did they release any pricing on it yet?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020962
Mobile Version of Website