Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
M1A2

No autoloader though. Good excuse to bring a riding buddy though.

New XM abrams project looks pretty insane. Moving to a 140mm iirc? Nutso.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
seraph wrote:
Axxe wrote:
BMX steerers are steel. I would not want to cut such thread in an aluminum steerer.

You have to thread your steer tube for the EDC tool though.

Which is why I don't do that. Aluminum cut to that same thread size seems too thin for my taste.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Have you guys ever seen those Russian tank olympics videos? They have these crazy biathlon style races.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
I've never been more disappointed in American than I am right now learning that tank biathlon is a thing and we didn't invent it.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I've never been more disappointed in American than I am right now learning that tank biathlon is a thing and we didn't invent it.

That said it is very believable that it's Russian.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 13:14 Quote
Russia just has access to so much land and has so many borders to protect, so tanks being a priority make a lot of sense. America relies on airforce/navy to defend themselves in the same manner. Seems they do a lot of testing through the Israeli's, such as with the Merkava series. They don't need to have a modern ultra combat tank; they need to have the equipment to create the best tank on earth at the drop of a hat.

We've accidentally stumbled into a topic I really enjoy...

Also, Russia best anyway. KV-2 stronk like ox.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
Other countries: Look out USA, we have tanks and APCs.
USA: Oh darn, all we have is A-10s.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Enter Shilka.

Nah: "The ZSU-23-4 is very vulnerable to enemy anti-tank missiles, cannons and heavy machine guns" the A-10 would tear it apart.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
Comrade, we have one unarmed shilka behind every armed shilka, just waiting for the chance to get the ammo.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 16:43 Quote
Axxe wrote:
seraph wrote:
Axxe wrote:
BMX steerers are steel. I would not want to cut such thread in an aluminum steerer.

Which is why I don't do that. Aluminum cut to that same thread size seems too thin for my taste.

I have never heard of a failure/problem caused from one and know a lot of people running them. I honestly don't understand what the concern would be about though once the stem is tightened that section of the steerer has very little to do with the structural integrity of the system.

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Axxe wrote:
seraph wrote:

I have never heard of a failure/problem caused from one and know a lot of people running them. I honestly don't understand what the concern would be about though once the stem is tightened that section of the steerer has very little to do with the structural integrity of the system.

I’ve run one on virtually all my bikes since they came out. I have almost all the variations but threaded is my favorite. Did I mention it’s light (when I’m not carrying a tool in there)

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 19:30 Quote
I have threaded 6 of my forks so far. The latest one was the ERA so I definitely took my time and crossed my fingers on that one lol. I have my dh fork threaded as well and always try to remember the tool for the bike park. Seems to get the most use there.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021085
Mobile Version of Website