Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
Only reason I want a hardtail is for playing at the pump track/dirt jumps and messing around practicing bunny hops and other moves. I don't have enough free time for another trail bike.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
I dig the hardtail for riding with my kids.

I also like it for "forest bathing" rides. Not trying to go fast, not trying to go far, just out for a mellow cruise in the woods.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
Not had a hardtail for 5 years, had an itch to build one for pump tracks and making dull trails more exciting, coming together nicely Smile

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Only reason I want a hardtail is for playing at the pump track/dirt jumps and messing around practicing bunny hops and other moves. I don't have enough free time for another trail bike.

My jackal is the only hardtail I need.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
I really want a Kinesis Rise, I'm really that far down the ebike rabbit hole I only want ebikes in my life lol

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 17:18 Quote
Circe wrote:
PHeller wrote:

My jackal is the only hardtail I need.

I got a BLT. Only hardtail now. Bliss!

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 19:51 Quote
I really enjoyed my hardtail trailbike year.. Got on my DH bike and felt instantly faster. You get really good and brake controls, because if you stab a brake in a turn and make the fork dive, you will get punished for it.

I am glad to have mine and maybe every 5 years it would be worth doing a hardtail trailbike year.. Just to keep you honest and reinforce good habits.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 12:21 Quote
nubbs wrote:
tom666 wrote:
scotteh wrote:

Sigh...I think this is the right answer since I know I'll be an idiot on whatever I'm riding. Bummer after spending the whole summer on a road/gravel bike. On the upside, I have a custom Marinoni CX frame coming soon that will keep me occupied for a bit!

PSA - everyone may already know this, but Outside is (now?) limiting the # of active buy & sell ads for unpaid members to 20. Not unexpected but still a bummer.

I would agree. I have a checkpoint on order and I'm stoked about it tbf

Checkpoint is so smooth that bike is rad. Put a dropper on it!

I think I will fit a dropper to it Jailbreak

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
Not sure how many pins are in the bag, but happy with this.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Not sure how many pins are in the bag, but happy with this.

Do those large bulges on the axle sit flush with the body or are they the highest point of the pedal?

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
Currently the highest point of the pedals, but I haven’t fitted the pins yet, and they’re looong.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
Woah this thread has managed to stay on topic for longer than usual would be a shame if somebody came in here and . . .

https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Specialized-and-Outside-Pinkbike-Beta-etc-Share-Same-Investment-Company,11369?unread

Whooops Beer

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
News that surprised no-one

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
There’s also a Lance Armstrong connection in there

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 11:33 Quote
The way this industry is turning is really, really offputting. Feels like what BMX went through around a decade ago when money was injected.

Think I'm starting to lose my passion for bikes. Everything feels so media controlled, consumerist, and all about that hype.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021178
Mobile Version of Website