Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
I think if they stopped paying me for writing software design docs and market wiped my savings, I would go welding. Or carpentry. For an amateur I am pretty good at that.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 18:35 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I think if they stopped paying me for writing software design docs and market wiped my savings, I would go welding. Or carpentry. For an amateur I am pretty good at that.

I see the welding trajectory being quite suitable for you. Having the ability to repair your trash can like a pro wouldn't hurt eh.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 18:41 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:
I appreciate the words, that actually means a lot to me. Especially since I just lost my job and am currently seeking gainful employment. It's tough with a resumé full of only bike shop gigs for the last 23-ish years.

Wanna wrench on airplanes?
I've been looking at applying there. You got an in? lol

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
Nobble wrote:
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:
I appreciate the words, that actually means a lot to me. Especially since I just lost my job and am currently seeking gainful employment. It's tough with a resumé full of only bike shop gigs for the last 23-ish years.

I've been there for a while now and it's been a real good time. Shoot me an email - ilikemybike@gmail.com

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:41 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
Nobble wrote:
I've been there for a while now and it's been a real good time. Shoot me an email - ilikemybike@gmail.com

You have your A&P?

Kinda, miss the hanger.. If that job didn't travel 6 months of the year, I'd probably still be there.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 20:18 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

I'm afraid I can't be an airplane mechanic remotely.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 0:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

I'm afraid I can't be an airplane mechanic remotely.

But what if they are RC planes?

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 5:05 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
seraph wrote:

This thing is rad. Looks quite promising too, at least a lot more promising than a lot of the EVTOL concepts/prototypes out there. Bell Helicopter/Flight, whatever they are calling themselves these days, are working on similar designs but I haven't heard anything groundbreaking lately. https://www.bellflight.com/products/bell-nexus

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 12:05 Quote
go for a higher value skills and look to work in industries where you can clearly add value over charging for your labour.
Welding, fabricating and machine work are good entry points and relatively easy to get training on.

I have a few friends who work in chemicals/food/processing as fabricators and they clean up.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 0:28 Quote
I have a phone interview with Benchmade on Thursday so we'll see how that goes. It's only for an assembler position but it could be an ok gateway.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 2:18 Quote
seraph wrote:
I have a phone interview with Benchmade on Thursday so we'll see how that goes. It's only for an assembler position but it could be an ok gateway.

Good luck man Salute

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 5:17 Quote
seraph wrote:

Nice, good luck!! They make some great knives.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 5:30 Quote
Good luck man, that would be a pretty rad gig

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 6:00 Quote
Got my benchmade in my pocket. Fingers crossed.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 6:02 Quote
seraph wrote:

Good luck dude!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042409
Mobile Version of Website