Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Spydie hole?!? On a BENCHMADE?!?

This war shall be worse than Sram v Shimano.

Benchmade looks better. That said, I have a hard time spending $100+ on something I'm going to drop in the dirt and forget somewhere. Bought a couple of Kershaw Skylines of Kershaw Blem Guy for cheap and never looked back

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
My main beater is a Gerber Flat Iron right now, the Benchmade sits in the MTB bag cause it's fairly light in the grand scheme of things.

Opinel is pretty hype for cheap and dang sharp.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
Seems like the Fox is the front runner that's for sure. I need to try one on and see how the fit is.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
Like you'll be able to find one for that huge head of yours. You look like an orange on a toothpick!! Head! Move! Now!!

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:44 Quote
Circe wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Spydie hole?!? On a BENCHMADE?!?

This war shall be worse than Sram v Shimano.

Benchmade looks better. That said, I have a hard time spending $100+ on something I'm going to drop in the dirt and forget somewhere. Bought a couple of Kershaw Skylines of Kershaw Blem Guy for cheap and never looked back
This is where I'm at with most of my blades... I have a couple Kershaw Comebacks that I got off Woot for like $25 for beating up on.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
Pro frame for sure

The smith option is so noisy it's silly.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:56 Quote

Really kinda hard to beat the value on these dudes. Can find them under $10USD on sale sometimes. The carbon steel version takes on a wicked edge. Lock is surprisingly easy to get use to, and is extremely stout. The patina they get over time is also frankly amazing.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
We got a cutter!! I have a Bell Super that I love but I would agree with all the Proframe love too.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Really kinda hard to beat the value on these dudes. Can find them under $10USD on sale sometimes. The carbon steel version takes on a wicked edge. Lock is surprisingly easy to get use to, and is extremely stout. The patina they get over time is also frankly amazing.

I have taken mine on every bike tour I have ever done! Cuts cheese and salami like a boss! I am not a big knife guy so it works for me. I also have and Old Timer I carry around sometimes.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
The downside to the Opinel is it’s kinda big and no clip. I have girl pants.

I wear a Super Air. I wore a Super DH before that. Chinbar tucks into my Fanny pack or clips onto backpack. I like it. Haven’t tried the alternatives with a chinbar.

I had a Giro Switchblade. Thing runs hot! The faceplate came unclipped in a bad crash. Wasn’t stoked on that. Guess I’m stoked I still have a face?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:37 Quote
Never trust a pocket. Knife always goes in bag.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:42 Quote
I've been pretty happy with my TLD Stage. The fit around the ears needs some fine tuning but it's much more vented than the switchblade. That helmet fit my head like a glove, though. Really comfy.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:54 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Never trust a pocket. Knife always goes in bag.

If I'm carrying a bag, I just carry my Leatherman. Its like a knife but way more useful.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:

I have one with a corkscrew in the handle. Its a nice knife.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021011
Mobile Version of Website