Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
Only complaint about center locks is that they are not compatible with torque caps on the front hub.

Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 22:10 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Ultimate little chingus tool to carry for center lock gang linked down there

T25 rotors are great just not as much of dat freeza tech vibe and I can't get new 6boltonesyetfromshmnodammit

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092MPMP4M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_AM6VKTJ92NDKN3E7E3MD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Flip upside down and put on top of steerer tube while traveling and then run steerer bolt through?

Tool stays in place and makes you check headset adjustment when you unpack the rig.

This showed up the other day... Litterally haven't unhung my Levo from the bike shop where I hung it 16 months ago.. So I am sure I'll get around to building this SJ Evo up sometime in the next 5 years.

SJ Evo alloy S5
SJ Evo alloy S5

Oh wow now you really need at least one 38 haha

Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 22:24 Quote
nubbs wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Ultimate little chingus tool to carry for center lock gang linked down there

T25 rotors are great just not as much of dat freeza tech vibe and I can't get new 6boltonesyetfromshmnodammit

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092MPMP4M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_AM6VKTJ92NDKN3E7E3MD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Flip upside down and put on top of steerer tube while traveling and then run steerer bolt through?

Tool stays in place and makes you check headset adjustment when you unpack the rig.

This showed up the other day... Litterally haven't unhung my Levo from the bike shop where I hung it 16 months ago.. So I am sure I'll get around to building this SJ Evo up sometime in the next 5 years.

SJ Evo alloy S5
SJ Evo alloy S5

Oh wow now you really need at least one 38 haha

Hell yeah.. The fork is actually the major part that I don't have.. I have a few 10s takeoff groupos and enough Zee/XT/SLX calipers and levers around to get that stuff covered. Then have a set of 350 hubs I could use, shop has Roval hoops I can lace up.

Then I'd need a set of cranks too. Unless I want to commit to buddy's Hammerschmidt.

Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 22:41 Quote
Just say no to Hammerschmidt.

Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 22:52 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Just say no to Hammerschmidt.

Goofy park bike is goofy. And he said it's free if I actually use it. Haha

I liked mine. It did have drag in overdrive, but I liked it.

Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 23:11 Quote
You can drag a brick on a string behind your bike for the same effect.

I hated mine. Obviously bought one first thing, cause what an awesome idea. Not.

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 0:02 Quote
I liked the Schmidt... I just didn't like having a 12lb crankset

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 5:20 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Only complaint about center locks is that they are not compatible with torque caps on the front hub.

Industry Nine has CL compatible torque caps. Got em on my bike. However, that does bring to mind one downside - CL limits the size of the bearing on that side, which is more of an issue if you have a hub that uses weird bearing sizes and have to stick to manufacturer kits.

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 7:22 Quote
crs-one wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:

Industry Nine has CL compatible torque caps. Got em on my bike. However, that does bring to mind one downside - CL limits the size of the bearing on that side, which is more of an issue if you have a hub that uses weird bearing sizes and have to stick to manufacturer kits.

My DT Swiss 180s have CL disks and torque caps.

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:

Easy fix, don’t run Rockshox products.

I only kid. I like their stuff

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
Circe wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:

Easy fix, don’t run Rockshox products.

I only kid. I like their stuff

Or EXT forks, which is a much tougher ask.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 10:03 Quote
Finally landed a new job. Been unemployed since January 16th. Does not feel good. Unemployment benefits only got me about $500 a week.

New job is a shop in Tigard, a little city just South West of Portland. Commute is about 25-35 minutes on the freeway. Kind of a bummer I can't bike commute but oh well. Shop carries Specialized, Scott, Transition, Kona, and Devinci. My first day is tomorrow.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
seraph wrote:
Finally landed a new job. Been unemployed since January 16th. Does not feel good. Unemployment benefits only got me about $500 a week.

New job is a shop in Tigard, a little city just South West of Portland. Commute is about 25-35 minutes on the freeway. Kind of a bummer I can't bike commute but oh well. Shop carries Specialized, Scott, Transition, Kona, and Devinci. My first day is tomorrow.

Congrats on the new job.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
seraph wrote:

Congratulations man, and best of luck on your first day!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021753
Mobile Version of Website