Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
I'm curious:

What would happen if you ran an OChain crank and a regular rear freewheel?

Would it still benefit from the improve suspension kinematics without the chain always spinning?

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I'm curious:

What would happen if you ran an OChain crank and a regular rear freewheel?

Would it still benefit from the improve suspension kinematics without the chain always spinning?

O-chain is meant to work with a normal hub. You are thinking of the freewheeling BB system that Williams Racing and Intend are doing I think. The O-Chain essentially lets the chainring rotate 6-12 degrees backwards before the pedals start engaging. The idea behind the other systems is that you keep the chain moving forward to compensate for any pull back that that may occur. Essentially kick back would just cause the chain to slow down instead of move backwards as would happen when stopped. So if the chain is not moving forward it wouldn't work very well. Probably would not work very well at low speeds because of this.

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 16:32 Quote
Interesting.

I wonder how it would feel during more XC/TR type riding?

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 16:47 Quote
Has anyone seen a decent picture of the new Specialized Cannibal that’s on a bunch of the Demos in the WC pit photos?

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Has anyone seen a decent picture of the new Specialized Cannibal that’s on a bunch of the Demos in the WC pit photos?

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
Nice DHR... I kid how many ways can you really arrange knobs on a tire in a meaningful way

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 15:22 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Nice DHR... I kid how many ways can you really arrange knobs on a tire in a meaningful way
Specialized seems to be doing a lot of things right with their tires and they're significantly cheaper than Maxxis.

This has me weirdly excited. lol

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
Yeah it is nice to have alternatives to Maxxis and Schwalbe.

Bontrager, specialized & Michelin etc offering viable alternatives

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
Michelin are my #1 choice of tires now. Wild Enduros on my trail bikes and when I get a DH bike sorted it will be on the DH22s

Specialized make some good treads. The Bontrager stuff is okay. I wouldn't say either are better than Maxxis or Schwalbe

Michelin tires are really impressive tho

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
I really disliked my Michelins. Went to Specialized and im really happy with them. The hillbilly for a uk winter is pretty incredible, taken over a Mary as my favourite winter front tyre

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 8:08 Quote
Haven't put together a new rig in a few years. Figured I would find out what this mullet hype is all about. Only the NX build was available so I had to make some changes. 165 Atlas cranks, Saint brakes, Syntace Megaforce 2 40mm stem, Deity Black Label handlebar, GX rear derailleur, XO-1 shifter, some green bits. Unfortunately it is a pig at 36.06lbs Stock NX cassette is an anchor and nothing else is available.

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
I feel the ERA and the DPX2 are a weird match. Fork can cash checks the shock can’t pay.

It’s a cool fork, though.

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I feel the ERA and the DPX2 are a weird match. Fork can cash checks the shock can’t pay.

It’s a cool fork, though.

Which bike?

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 9:06 Quote
Sorry nvm it’s a Z1

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020910
Mobile Version of Website