Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 8:18 Quote
Anyone using Swiss Stop Catalyst rotors? looking for a nice floating rotor that isn't Shimano. Preference to 2mm and available in 220

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 19:50 Quote
What's the most capable inline air shock for a 200lb rider on a 130mm bike on chunky trails?

Am I looking for the biggest air sleeve or the highest maximum PSI?

The Float DPS EVOL comes stock on this bike. Should I just get that?

(the EVOL air sleeve increases the negative air spring volume)

Just thought I'd ask if there is an equal or better alternative.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 20:23 Quote
Client9 wrote:
What's the most capable inline air shock for a 200lb rider on a 130mm bike on chunky trails?

From my experience the most capable inline shock is by far the Cane Creek DB inline. But its definitely not the most reliable or easy to get serviced.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 20:27 Quote
Client9 wrote:

New 2022 float x if it fits your bike. Tons of tuning options and air volume adjustments. Big air can. Big body. Big shaft. Pretty solid imo.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 21:52 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Client9 wrote:

From my experience the most capable inline shock is by far the Cane Creek DB inline. But its definitely not the most reliable or easy to get serviced.
This is sarcasm, right?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 22:05 Quote
Yeah I would regularly overheat my db inline air shock.

Does it have to be inline because of fit?

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 5:53 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Client9 wrote:

This is sarcasm, right?
I’m not saying it was a great shock, its still an inline shock with all the challenges associated and most shocks with a reservoir are better.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Yeah I would regularly overheat my db inline air shock.

Does it have to be inline because of fit?

It does _not_ need to be inline.
A reservoir is fine.
I just thought because of the 130mm
travel, a piggyback was unnecessary.
Like I said, I'm 200 lb and my trails are chunky so the shock is going to be very active.
What would you recommend?

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 6:25 Quote
Nobble wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Nobble wrote:
This is sarcasm, right?
I’m not saying it was a great shock, its still an inline shock with all the challenges associated and most shocks with a reservoir are better.

Although when it worked correctly the inline coil was even better.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
Piggyback (or not) has nothing to do with travel, really. It's a superior design that is just a bit heavier (and more expensive). If frame allows it, go for a piggy shock.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 7:17 Quote
Nobble wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Nobble wrote:
This is sarcasm, right?
It might perform well but I've just never known someone who had one that didn't fail... and not being wildly unreliable would be a baseline starting point for me in labeling something as "capable."

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
dchill wrote:
Nobble wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

This is sarcasm, right?

Although when it worked correctly the inline coil was even better.

That's what's on it now.
(The cane creek coil)
With a progressive spring.
It's actually pretty good.
Just want to do some testing with an air spring.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
I hear good things about the Manitou Mara Pro. Float X would probably be a good bet as well. Or just wait a few months for the new Super Deluxe.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
RS Deluxe Select and Select+ have ridiculously low warranty % (if you're looking for durable).

I believe Deluxe runs lower air pressures vs Fox as well. With the correct damper tune they run great and you can do MEGNEG cans on 55 stroke (and or 52.5, 50, 47.5) size versions.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I hear good things about the Manitou Mara Pro. Float X would probably be a good bet as well. Or just wait a few months for the new Super Deluxe.

So far everything I am seeing on the Float X is that it's better then the X2. Two guys I work with have blown up the Mara pro on the Van Dessel Line Finder which is a 120 rear 130/140 front 29er down country bike. They blew up a couple of Mara pros and Maras. I had thought about one for my Endorphin with 150 Mezzer on it but I'll stick with the IL coil for now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023994
Mobile Version of Website